Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #1

Problem with PC connector on k10

My PC connector doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know of a repair shop that might address that problem. I live in northwest Florida, USA

04-05-2014, 03:38 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
HI! I can't help you with a repair shop as I live on the other side of the big pond, but I had the same problem with my K10D - and my solution was getting a card reader - it was much cheaper than a repair - as the USB port is soldered to the motherboard. Hope this helps.

( Actually it was me who broke the USB port by inserting a friend's USB cable from his Nikon - as we were travelling together and the cables get mixed)

EDIT: I've read your question again and now I'm not sure if you refer to the Power cord, (PC) or PC connector (personal computer connector - USB)
04-06-2014, 04:07 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ti3m Quote
Problem with PC connector on k10
What is it you use this for? as I have never used it on mine, in fact I didn't know it had one.

If it's for the transfer images to PC just take the SD card out an plug it straight into the PC or a card reader.
04-06-2014, 05:42 AM   #4

Try a different cable. Check to see if "Tranfers" is set to PC or PC-F in the setup menu. Otherwise use a card reader unless you absolutely need tethering. With shipping the minimum cost of repairs for the K10D from CRIS is $191USD. It is probably more economical to buy a replacement K10D or K20D.