Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2014, 06:05 AM   #1

Hi, info needed

I have just came across a box of cameras, in which i am not that familiar. I was hoping someone could tell me the price and a little about one i can not find on line. It is a Pentax zx-m. It has came with a case and several sets of lenses. The lens sizes are smc pentax-a 35-80mm, 12mm,20mm and 36mm p.k. There is also a lens (Macro) size 80-200mm.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks for any information

04-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome!
I don't know that camera, but you can try looking for it here: Pentax MZ-M/ZX-M - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications (looks like its a popular camera)

That A 35-80mm lens is fairly popular for a budget zoom, if I remember right. Not sure about the others 12mm, 20mm, 36mm p.k.??), but feel free to check here:
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Thing is, older zoom lenses aren't that great. Only in the recent years did zoom lenses become really good, and only the expensive ones. With older lenses, its a safer bet to get fixed focal length lenses, also known as primes (so, just one mm number instead of a range). You can use all K-mount lenses on modern Pentax DSLR cameras, within limitations (for example, A series will never have autofocus, because it was made before AF was invented. But you can still try catch in focus/focus trapping, which offers you something similar to AF- and all modern Pentax DSLRs have this function)

04-06-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, as already suggested by Na Horuk, the lens database here is a great source of knowledge, enjoy.
04-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! A nice find of A lenses along with the film body. You may be interested in looking at the images in The A Club. These are highly prized lenses by a lot of members here,

04-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
Yos
Veteran Member

12mm 20mm 36mm, could be extension tubes?

And welcome to the forum
04-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, kjane11 ... post us an image of your gear and hope to see some captures soon ... Salut, J