Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2014, 06:09 AM   #1

Greetings from the Upper Peninsula (Michigan)

Greetings,

I have had a long time interest in photography but only recently purchased my first "real" camera. After a few months of flip flopping from reading online reviews (and posts on this forum), I decided to get the K-3. So far I am loving it. While it is more camera then I currently know how to use, but I wanted something I could grow into. Now if only the weather would warm up so I could shot something other than snow that would be great.

Also, I think I need to go to the doctor. Because after only a couple months of browsing this forum I am developing a bad case of LBA.

04-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Circuits Quote
I decided to get the K-3
Welcome to the forum, wow what a starting camera, nothing but the best, you just too good to yourself.
04-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, we always consider you Upper Peninsula guys to be almost Canadian...
and "there ain't no cure for LBA, no drug, no therapy, there's nothing strong enough... "
04-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Norm's right There ain't no cure for LBA! The K-3 is a fine camera to start on. It isn't any more difficult to shoot with than any other Pentax body and you won't get CBA as soon either. Just start on P until you get a feel for exposure settings and then work your way around the dial to M where you'll start making the exposure decisions on your own. You'll find lots of kindly folks here to help you on your way.

04-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Circuits ... LBA, never heard of it before and hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
04-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've always had a soft spot for the Upper Peninsula. As Norm says, you guys are almost Canadian. Welcome (but don't ever go into the Marketplace tab)
John
04-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Yooper! Welcome from the other side of the Lake.

04-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thank you all for the welcome. And yes I practically am Canadian, my house is only 1 mile from the border.
04-11-2014, 06:23 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! Our snow is gone, here. It was a good winter for a weather-sealed camera, though.