Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #1

Hello From British Columbia

Just joined the forum, I live in Campbell River, Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada. That's a mouthful. I have just purchased (2nd hand) a K200D, and am getting back into photography. The camera came with 2 kit lenses, 18-55 and 50-200. I still had my old KX and ME from the 70's and kept the 28 mm wide angle and 2 50 mm prime lenses, plus a 85-210- F3.5. Picked up a used 28-80 mm is a pawn shop for $10 Cdn and my last purchase from E bay was an Asahi Optic Tele-Takumar 400mm F5.6 with the screw mount.

I have a lot to learn about digital photography and all the controls and functions of the camera, but that is what it is all about. I have been reading numerous article on this forum and really appreciate the info from all of the members.

I am retired (25 yrs) from the Canadian Forces, a licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (helicopters) and am semi retired with a small aviation consulting business for helicopter operators on Vancouver Island.

That's enough about me, best regards

Dan M

04-08-2014, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Dan, so let me get this straight...

You are semi retired, live in the most beautiful place in the world, and probably have lots of opportunity to take photos from a helicopter.

Awesome, sounds like a dream buddy!
04-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bman Quote
Hey Dan, so let me get this straight...

You are semi retired, live in the most beautiful place in the world, and probably have lots of opportunity to take photos from a helicopter.

Awesome, sounds like a dream buddy!
Hahhaa. Hear hear! Welcome Dan.
04-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, my youngest daughters just back from your part of the world, she had a ball.

04-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Dan! Looking forward to seeing your images.
04-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dan,

Welcome! I think Bman's got the right idea!

From what I've seen, the K200D has a terrific CCD sensor, which produces quality images. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your region.

- Craig

PS. I was born into an RCAF family in Comox, late 1950s.