Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New to forum

Hi All,

I wrote a nice short introduction and let it sit for an hour or so before pressing submit. I was no longer logged in and what I had written was lost. My first forum learning...

I have a Pentax Q with the 02 Standard Zoom lens. I wanted the Q because of its size and the ability to use other lenses. I have an old Rexatar Automatic 1:2.8 f=135mm lens with the Fotodiox M42-P/Q adapter. I have had the camera for a few weeks and am just learning the options and also learning the photographic principles I have long delayed learning necessary to use the other lenses.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Jim P.

04-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome Jim,

I'm new here also, so welcome on board
04-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
PJ1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forums, Jim. Like you, I have experienced the frustration of timing out on a message. So, if nothing else, this place will get you thinking quickly and acting decisively. I guess that's why some of us end up with so many lenses. Post some pics soon!
04-09-2014, 06:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Jim! Looking forward to seeing your images.

04-09-2014, 06:38 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum

Happy to welcome you. I am playing around with Q and adapters too. I bought it to be able to use a houseful of old Canon FD lenses, only to suddently realize that they are all impossibly long now, maybe good for bird photographers! You might want to try some Pentax 110 lenses with the appropriate Fotodiox adapter. Looking forward to seeing some of your posts. Gotta post now before it times out!
04-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jim P Quote
what I had written was lost. My first forum learning...
Welcome to the forum, don't you just hate that when it happens.