Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #1

Hello, All

Just joined the forum although I've been a long time Pentax user - started with the 645N when it first came out, then went digital with the K100D then K-5. All have been excellent. Just purchased a 645D and am working on learning it. I never did sell the 645N and lenses so I am well set with lenses: FA's 45, 75, 120 macro, 200, and 400 and an A 150. All the FA's work superbly. I did sell the 645N camera body and a back-up 645 body to help with the new purchase. Basically, I am in love with the 645D. Even though I am just shooting test photos, the results are superb - similar look and feel to medium format film. I look forward to exchanging ideas, tips, etc. here.

04-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board.
04-09-2014, 05:21 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!
04-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your images.

04-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Welcome aboard!
Ter-Or, Would that be civilized East Dundee or Lawless West Dundee? Or is it the other way around? (Just an old joke among some friends of mine.) I used to live in Hampshire and used an incredible lab in Dundee - Lightbox, Inc. - owned by Bruce Starrenburg. I presume that you know Bruce. I think they've moved out to Gilberts now. They were seriously hurt when digital came in big, but what fabulous prints they made! Best regards!
04-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hdgeorgejr Quote
Ter-Or, Would that be civilized East Dundee or Lawless West Dundee? Or is it the other way around? (Just an old joke among some friends of mine.) I used to live in Hampshire and used an incredible lab in Dundee - Lightbox, Inc. - owned by Bruce Starrenburg. I presume that you know Bruce. I think they've moved out to Gilberts now. They were seriously hurt when digital came in big, but what fabulous prints they made! Best regards!
East Dundee, right near the village hall.

I haven't had to do any prints for a while, not since around '99 when my wife's old Minolta died. I may have to look them up.
04-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
East Dundee, right near the village hall.

I haven't had to do any prints for a while, not since around '99 when my wife's old Minolta died. I may have to look them up.
They are at 80 Industrial Drive in Gilberts now. They used to be between East Dundee and the Sears site on the north side of Higgins. They had a state-of-the-art film processing system - which was great until film died. They did make the conversion to digital and printing it, but business has never been the same. Bruce is a wonderful shooter and great printer. It probably worth a visit just to see some of his work. He's a Hassy guy rather than a Pentax guy, but always treated everyone well. If you Google Lightbox, Inc. you'll find him. If you do stop by, give him my regards. Back then, my daughter and I had a photo business called Boatography. Bruce did all of our work.
04-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, please remember to post some of these big boy images.

04-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #9

Original Poster
Hi, Kerrodown, I will post some images once I get through my testing phase and start shooting seriously. Right now, I'm just running through each of the lenses and finding where my glitches are and how to solve them. So far, the only problem is with the focus on the 400mm lens at infinity or close to it. I will say that the 645D is one incredible piece of equipment!
04-13-2014, 05:20 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, hdgeorgejr ... hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
04-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #11

Original Poster
Hello, All

Jean, Thank you for the welcome! I will post some images in the not too distant future. I haven't shot medium format for some time so I am spending some time just practicing to get back into the medium format mindset. Salut!