Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Mid-Michigan

Hello all:
Just thought I would put up a message to say hello, as I have been reading for a while now. This seems like a real nice group here, contributing knowledge and growth to other Pentaxians.

Just a few words about me, I came across my K10D after a few years of using P/S cameras and just not being happy with their performance. I had used a couple of older Canon Film SLRs, all manually, and had done some darkroom work in the past for school yearbooks, so the lack of scene modes did not scare me, neither does any level of manual modes. I actually like it.

Using the K10D really has brought back the joy of photography to me. I would rather throw my old superzoom against the wall than use it, it was that bad. Now, I almost look for any excuse to go out and shoot, but work on 2nd shift and general life with a 2 yr and 5 yr old seem to take up most of my time. They are the subjects of most of my shots, and I especially like taking close up shots of their faces and expressions as they go through life and explorations. I am hoping to get outdoors with the 5 yr old this summer and go through the parks and hand her the camera and see what she can come up with for photos. I would love to see her expressions as she gets a big print of something she shot. She just loves to be involved! What I want to get more chances to shoot is more landscapes and nature shots. I guess it is part of being a past Boy Scout, that I like to be out in the woods and looking at the world around us.

Anyway, if there is any other Mid-Michigan Pentaxians, send me a message. It would be fun to get together and share photos, techniques, lenses and maybe a beer or two.

Scott

04-22-2008, 06:54 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Welcome. Sounds like you have your hands full. Enjoy the new camera and ejoy the time with the young ones - they grow up SO fast.

Gary
04-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I'm Looking forward to shooting Michigan this summer - I'm just a few hours up the I-75 in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Many weekend excursions planned, especially down to D-town to see the Tigers.

Go Tigers!

Good luck with the K10 - I'm loving mine!

Cheers -

Joal