Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Hello (again) after several years

Hi all,

I have returned to the forum after several years. It's reassuring to see some familiar names still here. Hi to photolady95, Damn Brit, Whitefield, stevebrot, Igilligan, and all the others! Even my old private messages are still intact, which helped to jog my memory! Anyway, I'm still a Pentax shooter (too much glass to be anything else!). I sold the K-7 a couple of years ago, but still use the K100D and several film bodies regularly. My wife's health deteriorated rapidly about the time I stopped visiting the forum (~2009-2010), and I lost her last year. I have a wonderful new wife now who is interested in photography as well. We are planning a permanent move from the West Coast to the New England area. I've set up a Raspberry Pi with twin cameras and programmed it to shoot time lapse video as we drive from coast to coast. I have my eye on the K-3 - hoping to get one before the trip later this year. My wife and I are currently doing a Project365, which is what reminded me of the forums here. I'm delighted that it's still active - hopefully I will not need to take another hiatus anytime soon!

-OregonJim

04-11-2014, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing some images.
04-11-2014, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #3

Hey man. Dont know you, but I just wanted to tell you sorry you lost your wife to health issues. It's a sad thing, but Im happy you're back and that everything seems to be better now.
Im a wandering noob on the site but reading that, I just felt like welcoming you.

Peace
04-11-2014, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
I'll just say welcome back as you already know the form around here.

04-11-2014, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #5
Ole
Administrator

Glad to have you back! Looking forward to your time lapse video from your cross-country trip!
04-13-2014, 05:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome back to PF, OregonJim ... hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J