Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #1

Location: east of Troy, Idaho on the eastern edge of the Palouse, near St. Joe & Clearwater National Forests
Hi from the Idaho panhandle

Hi, I found this website as I was researching manual lenses for my Canon 40D's. I found good info about the lenses, then started researching Pentax gear, and now I'm a Pentax wannabe :-)

My name is Laurie Macrae, I'm basically a farm girl who moved to the country decades ago, from the city of Seattle, who is into photography and hunting, and I've returned to university to study Animal Science with a focus on dairy. I'm a hobby cheese-maker (it's a chemistry experiment that you get to eat). I love to photograph my cheeses :-)

I'm preparing to start practicing night sky photography- and for starters I'm hoping to get some photos of the lunar eclipse tonight if the clouds break up.

Thanks for all the great information you have here, I had fun reading about the manual lenses and looking at some of your photography. I hope you don't mind a non Pentaxian participating on your forum occasionally.

04-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #2
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome Laurie.
We certainly don't mind non Pentaxians here at the forum. Just another excuse to convert them into the family.
Hope to see some cheese pictures and good luck with your night sky photography!
Cheers
Josef
04-15-2014, 02:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Laurie ... hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
04-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, that's quite an intro, I feel like I've known for years, not just two minutes.

04-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Laurie! Looking forward to seeing your images.