Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-16-2014, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #1

new k 5 user

Hello everyone from Tennessee,
I got tired of saying i wished i had a good camera instead of a cheap point and shoot so i finally chose the k 5 with kit 55mm lens. I have had my camera for close to a year and i am enjoying it very much. This can be a great stress reliever.
I don't limit myself to certain things to photograph i take photos of whatever pulls me towards it or someone.I still have so much to learn but i am having fun and some frustrations in leaning this type of art.It's time to save for a good lens and go from there. Glad to meet everyone.
Mark

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great way to introduce yourself! I especially like the first two.
04-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Nice intro. Looking forward to seeing more images.
04-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, I guess that railcar had been static somewhere for quite a while, to get stuff growing on it like that.

04-20-2014, 03:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Mark ... hope to see some more images soon ... Salut, J
04-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, I guess that railcar had been static somewhere for quite a while, to get stuff growing on it like that.
Thanks for the reply.The rail car in the picture was on an abandoned track along the Tennessee River.Yes i agree it had to have been there for a long time.It wasn't in the best area but i'm glad i walked the tracks to check it out.One of my favorite photos.
Thanks,Mark

---------- Post added 04-20-14 at 07:01 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply.It's good to see other peoples photos.I liked yours.Have you ever rented lenses to try them out?
Thanks,Mark

---------- Post added 04-20-14 at 07:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Welcome to the forum! Nice intro. Looking forward to seeing more images.
Thanks for the welcome.Enjoyed your photos.How close were you to the ram. Great shot.I'm enjoying taking pictures but limited with kit lens.Oh well gotta start somewhere.Thought of renting a lens to try something different.There are so many directions a person can go.
Thanks again, Mark

---------- Post added 04-20-14 at 07:17 PM ----------

Hi Jean,Thanks for your reply and i enjoyed your photos.
04-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

I rented a few lenses as well, particularly when I was new to the DSLR world. Some I liked, and bought later, some I didn't. One thing to remember is if you buy used you can usually sell for the same amount - so unless the lens is very expensive it may be cheaper to buy and use for a while before deciding whether to keep.