Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #1

Hi from Florida

Hello everyone,

I'm the proud owner of my first DSLR, a K-50. Having been a casual point and shoot user all my life, I'm realizing there is A LOT to learn! I'm trying to take it one step at a time and not get overwhelmed. As a newbie, reading a couple of threads about lenses is kind of like trying to read a foreign language. I aspire to be better than just using full auto with my kit lenses, and I know it will be a marathon rather than a sprint to get there. I'm sure it will be fun along the way.

Living in Florida, I'm always running across really cool birds. Every time I'd see a beautiful wading bird standing in a picturesque reedy marsh I told myself 'I need to get a good camera one of these days, that would make a great shot'. I'm also lucky enough to spend a few days a month in the Colorado Rockies, seeing beautiful landscapes, wildlife, and sunrises daily. Those were my inspirations, and learning to capture them is my aspiration.

Thanks in advance for the help and support I'm sure I'll get here,

Chris

04-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Chris! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
04-21-2014, 03:42 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi there Chris,
I am a newbie too. I was struggling for a while trying to learn from books and Internet and it was tough... Until I accidentally encounter live course on CreativeLIVE "Fundamentals of Digital Photography by John Greengo" in few days I have learned more than for previous few months.
If you can wait you can probably watch next edition for free (unfortunately I have no idea when it will occur)...
04-21-2014, 04:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome! What part of Florida? My family lives in Lady Lake but I have lived in Miami and West Palm as well.

Regarding assistance, this might help: True Beginners - READ THIS/START HERE!

It won't give you the answers, but more importantly (imo) it will give you the right questions.

Hope this helps!

-Heie

04-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Chris ... hope to see some K-50 images soon ... Salut, J
04-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Port St. Joe Beach, Fl.
04-22-2014, 01:08 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ctopher62 Quote
Living in Florida, I'm always running across really cool birds
Welcome to the forum, you got my interest with that statement, right 'till I realised we were talking about a different species.