Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2014, 03:28 AM   #1

Welcome to all...

My name is Kevin, and I've photographed as a hobby most of my adult life. I just recently had a heart transplant, and am looking forward to getting my camera out and about. I've had a k-1000 for almost 30 years, but picked it up last summer inan attempt to refresh the original skills I had taken years to learn. I do have digital cameras in the house, but I started to feel that they were "dumbing me down".

I also picked up a MV and Tokina 70-210 macro SD from KEH. The combo is lighter than the K-1000 which is kind of important to me now. I do a lot of garden type flower shots, mostly from my yard although Holden Arboretum has been a favorite of mine.

Thank you to all for this forum and all the good people in it.

Kevin

Attached Images

04-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!
The nice thing about Pentax digital - particularly the higher models - is they're well suited to manual use. Put some good old manual glass on the front and use all your film skills.
04-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.... a K-1000 is the one piece of equipment, I should have but don't. I spent four times a year for 15 years holding one up in front of students, then plunking one down in front of them, having them take the lens off , crank the aperture ring to watch the blades expand, release the shutter with the lens off to see the various shutter speeds in action, then sign them out and in for the rest of the semester. I probably did that 60 times, and could still do it in my sleep, with the appropriate monologue.
04-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, it's always good to get back to photography after a break, it refreshes the photographic urge within, a bit like a battery recharge.