Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #1

Hello

Hello everyone!
I am from Poland. A few years ago I bought my K-x and found that photography, especially wildlife, is something I really like.
I have read PentaxForums many times before but now I decided to join the community because I have some questions and i am going to ask you them. Of course wildlife photography will be the most important for me.

04-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, I hope we are able to live up to your expectations and answer your questions.
04-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard from a fellow wildlife photographer.
04-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
Ik1

Original Poster
Thanks for warm welcome. I am sure you will be able to help.
TER-OR I see you like dragonflies. Close to my home I have many lakes so sometimes I am also trying to make macro photos of these insects. Once I caught one when it was eating the small fly.

04-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ik1 Quote
Thanks for warm welcome. I am sure you will be able to help.
TER-OR I see you like dragonflies. Close to my home I have many lakes so sometimes I am also trying to make macro photos of these insects. Once I caught one when it was eating the small fly.
Hi - what's your name?

I live along a mid-sized river in Northern Illinois - it's a migration corridor for birds and the big dragonflies. Many people don't know that the biggest ones migrate, and live several years. It's tough to get images of them eating - that's great work. I like to watch the little damselflies in our gardens, they move like sharks in a coral reef. It's great to see new ones, though dragonflies can sometimes be difficult to identify correctly. We have some great wetlands which were wisely protected here in northern Illinois, these are great places to find rare birds etc.

Have a look at my Flickr site, I have a folder for insect macros. I contribute to a bee census site here in Illinois, and one for ladybugs as well.

Terry
04-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #6
Ik1

Original Poster
My name is Nik.
In my area ,as I wrote above, I have access to lakes, one medium river and different wetlands. Often these sites are protected by nature reserves so it is not difficult to find great places and great creatures for photos. The only one problem is lack of time
04-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Time is always a limiting factor. Most of the time at parks we have the dogs, and that means I won't see everything that's around. Many animals are rightfully wary of big quadrupeds!
I'm glad sensitive areas are protected there as well, it's so important.

My brother's name is Nick.
04-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #8
Ik1

Original Poster
In my country dogs become a problem when owners allow them to run alone in the forests. Most woods belongs to the state so it is allowed to walk without any payment/ tickets but some people can't respect this as a great good. Hapilly it isn't big problem. During each walk I may count that I meet some interesting animals and at least i'll be able to try to do some photo.