Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi glad to be here

I hope you guys can convince me to go Pentaxian!!!!!

04-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Welcome. This is a friendly forum with passionate people, Pentax fans, amateurs who have all in common to share a Pentax interest.

In my case, I wanted to move from P&S to dSLR and I need WR. Pentax was an obvious choice with the best value for money WR SLR cameras.

Look forward to see/read your contributions....
04-27-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome.
Here's my sales pitch..

Ltd
WR
SR
Q
04-27-2014, 02:50 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff kramer Quote
I hope you guys can convince me to go Pentaxian!!!!!
Welcome to the Forum. I would not want to convince you to go Pentaxian but just share with you my own experience where it is relevant to you. I went to Pentax DSLR because of my earlier use of Pentax film cameras, particularly a K-1000 Sears clone. I spent 20 years travelling the world for international business consultancy, and took lots of pictures, maybe 3-400 rolls of film. Pentax DSLR was a natural for me because I could use all my old Pentax film era lenses, and still use a couple of them on occasion. I think Pentax offers more technology for a lower price than other companies, and they offer a few features that are either unique or at least not always seen with other manufacturers--weather resistance, shake resistance built into camera so it applies even for old legacy lenses, and of course backwards compatibility with all its old lenses. Another nice aspect is the limited line of lenses from the film era, the 31mm, the 43 mm, and the 77 mm, each one of the best prime lenses ever built in each respective focal length. Another valuable asset for Pentax, in my view, is this forum. The Forum offers access to the best organized and most knowledgable and helpful group of photographers, amateur and professional, I have ever experienced. The forum makes it easy to get answers to perplexing questions, and to share ones own knowledge and experience. Pentax with its rugged and weather resistant cameras and lenses is a natural choice for landscapists, but there are all sorts of photographers using the brand from astrophysicists to weekend wedding photographers.

04-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff kramer Quote
I hope you guys can convince me
Welcome to the forum, convincing no, but hypnosis yes.
04-28-2014, 04:50 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Jeff ... hope to see some Pentax images soon ... Salut, J