Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello! New here and looking forward to learning from the gang.

Hi,

I'm known online as The Fire Angel. I'm based in London, England.

I earn money from 3D computer graphics, I have earned money from traditional art in the past, mainly selling pencil drawings and a few oil paintings. I'm currently enjoying photography as a hobby using mainly my Pentax K-R; it's a few years old but I still love it. I still have a Pentax K-1000 film SLR which I've had since 1980 and have taken a lot of pictures with it in the past. Sadly my portfolio of film images was stolen some time back and I had made the mistake of storing the negatives in the same folder as the prints; won't ever do anything like that again... My best images with the K-1000 were portraits and some decent wildlife photos, mainly birds.

When I went digital I first did it by getting a film scanner, then eventually the K-R. I decided it had to be a Pentax for a few reasons; one was that I already had a lens collection and didn't fancy the expense of replacing them all, and another was that I always found that Pentax cameras are smaller and lighter than other cameras with similar specifications.

Glad to be here and I hope to learn a bit and maybe if I'm lucky help someone else learn something occasionally.

04-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Fire Angel! Sorry about the loss of your images. Best of luck getting even better ones with your DSLR. Looking forward to seeing your images.
04-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Fire Angel! Sorry about the loss of your film images. Maybe you can get some even better ones with the K-R. Looking forward to seeing your images.
04-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Fire Angel ... hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J

04-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fire Angel Quote
I had made the mistake of storing the negatives in the same folder as the prints
Welcome to the forum, remember the same applies to digital images also, multiple back ups and at least one set off site.
04-30-2014, 06:21 AM   #6

Original Poster
Well just as a starter here are a couple of of the few images in my gallery; they were taken when I was new to digital photography, on one of my first trips out with my Pentax KR. The two images are the same squirrel, a bit more information about her can be found in the gallery descriptions.