Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Scotland and where now?

I'm from the north of Scotland, just joined and wondering where I go next? This is a very confusing and unfamiliar place and I need some friends to hold my hand while I find my way around.

04-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #2

Hi there I'm in Aberdeen. Yourself? I'm fairly new here, I have K-30. I think you could find a topic to do with the camera you are using. I have found this forum extremely useful, many members are very experienced.
04-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum scotgirl! There are a lot of helpful folks here and forums for beginners where you can ask any questions you might have. Looking forward to seeing some images.
04-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome!

Hello scotgirl, welcome to the Forum!
What kind of topics are you interested in? The beginner's section has several links and threads for general camera, lens and shooting tips. For more specific questions, you can post a question where it seems appropriate or browse the various threads/forums dedicated to certain topics.
I like to check the 'New Posts' daily and see what the latest threads and replies are. That will give you some idea of what topics go where.
Lot of friendly Pentax users here, ask away!
Ron

04-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! Where to go next? Come on in, join the fun! Chip in on the chatter in the Lounge, look at pictures in the galleries, read lens reviews if that fancies you, ask questions. And do post some pictures! It's an excellent way of getting help and advice if you should need it.

In short: Have fun!
04-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard.
Just start browsing - there are camera specific areas, lens areas and general technique - you'll learn a lot everywhere.
04-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #7

Awrite pal! Welcome to the most comprehensive forum I have ever seen. There is plenty to get you started in the articles and the lens reviews combined with ebay make for a great way whitiling away the hours. The folks on here are very knowledgeable and helpful too. Enjoy!
04-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, remember your not alone with your photography, there's even one or two of us from Scotland here.

04-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, remember your not alone with your photography, there's even one or two of us from Scotland here.
Kerrowdown sounds familiar but trying to place it exactly - Drumnadrochit way? I'm in Inverness.

---------- Post added 04-29-14 at 08:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ubjy Quote
Hi there I'm in Aberdeen. Yourself? I'm fairly new here, I have K-30. I think you could find a topic to do with the camera you are using. I have found this forum extremely useful, many members are very experienced.
Thanks for the welcomes, very nice feeling I uploaded a photo but don't know where it's disappeared to.
04-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by scotgirl Quote
Drumnadrochit way?
Certainly is.
04-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Good day mate and welcome to the forum