Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
intro:

After almost thirty years without a camera in my hands I bought a 200D a few weeks ago. It only had about 4500 shots run through it. Felt it was a blessing. Will post a few when I have time.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
04-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums, and welcome back to the great world of photography Holler if you need help with anything!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-30-2014, 10:55 PM   #3

Original Poster
How do people who don't have the manual deal with only reading it online? I really need it when I am out.
05-01-2014, 12:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice shots - what lens?

You can get good action shots on the K200D using AF-C if you press the shutter at the points when it's regained focus, rather than whenever you want. It's a good camera - I still have mine (and I keep a Battery Grip on it too).

QuoteOriginally posted by KTschappat Quote
How do people who don't have the manual deal with only reading it online? I really need it when I am out.
Can you download a PDF to your smartphone or tablet?

05-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, here's a link for you to download and then print out to take with you, job done.

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k200d.pdf
05-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, KTschappat ... Enjoy the forum and hope too see some more images soon ... Salut, J
05-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you for your welcomes, they are much appreciated.

As many of us are lucky to be making it, I too am not sleeping an a mattress filled with hundred dollar bills. I just found a creative way to purchase this K200D. The soft boxes, the new ink-jet printer, and all the new wonderful toys I need are just wishes at this point in time while I put the front end of my daughter's car back together.

As for the owner's manual, think I am going to get one off ebay. $25 will be spent on something that needs to be in my camera bag. No smart phone or tablet for this old guy.

As a new guy, what is expected? I have taken about eight or nine hundred photos and have a few I would like to share, mostly for the critique I might gain, especially with this new contest. Can't even afford the lens it needs, but that is a hurdle I would like in my way. So, do I create an album and load it up, hoping for words of wisdom? Do I need to buy additional space?