Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2014, 02:57 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Melbourne

I have just returned to photography after 25 years. Very active in the past in local camera club, with my Pentax Super A going everywhere with me. Found the Pentax Forum and it was my reference back into the new digital photography world. As a result of your reviews I am the proud owner of a K30, however the camera that has put the fun and passion back into photography is the much maligned K-01, which I could not resist at the throw away price it was going for. Having used it extensively for nearly 12 months I cannot understand the negative reaction to this camera. Just entered my first photo and look forward to enjoying being part of this great Pentax users forum.

05-01-2014, 03:23 AM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And Melbourne is a great base for so many photography options. Welcome to the Forums mate.
05-01-2014, 03:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Good day mate and welcome to the forum
05-01-2014, 03:47 AM   #4
Forum Member

I heard some time ago that the proportion of Pentax cameras in Oz was higher than elsewhere. There certainly seem to be plenty of Pentax cameras, and 2nd hand lenses. Anyway, I know you'll enjoy your K-01, as I do mine.

05-01-2014, 05:01 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome aboard from a fellow Melbournite.
05-01-2014, 05:44 AM   #6
Pentaxian

We are heavily outnumbered here in Melbourne. But I always tell the snobbish users of other makes I have pentax gear because I have class. People who are genuinely interested I tell them I am old school (started with a spotmatic) and pentax gear works the way I tell it to.

What do you like shooting? I'm mostly into wildlife.
05-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Hello and welcome!! The K01 is a fave of mine and sometimes , just sometimes it seems to out 5 the K5!!
05-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

G'day mate from a K-7 driver from Melton, Welcome aboard Pentax forums, you will find them a pretty good bunch, even the yanks. All good people with two (three) passions, PENTAX, photography and PENTAX.

05-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, crabby ... Enjoy the forum and hope too see some images soon ... Salut, J
05-02-2014, 04:33 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
We are heavily outnumbered here in Melbourne. But I always tell the snobbish users of other makes I have pentax gear because I have class. People who are genuinely interested I tell them I am old school (started with a spotmatic) and pentax gear works the way I tell it to.

What do you like shooting? I'm mostly into wildlife.
Hi Bob, my main interests are portraits. seascapes/landscapes and any abstract shapes and textures that may catch my eye.
05-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by crabby Quote
Hi Bob, my main interests are portraits. seascapes/landscapes and any abstract shapes and textures that may catch my eye
That's a nice selection of interests. Seems like you enjoy seeking out interesting subjects in what might otherwise look ordinary.
05-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #12
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, Super As remember them fondly, had a couple myself at the time.