Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Gidday from Down Under

Hello All,

I will start by saying I'm completely new to the world of DSLR's. I have just purchased a Pentax K10D coupled with Pentax SMC A 50mm f2 prime lens as my starting point. This sites reviews and info helped me make my choice so cheers to all of you. I would gratefully appreciate any advice on what are the best lenses to purchase for it. I was advised to steer clear of the Sigma range of lenses as their quality is below par, please correct me if wrong. I'm wanting mid and high range zoom lenses for it. Teriffic site Adam, keep up the great work!
Cheers all
Paul

05-04-2014, 01:54 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good day mate and welcome to the forum
05-04-2014, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #3

Hi paul welcome aboard post often have fun ask questions
05-04-2014, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PaulieHun Quote
Hello All,

I will start by saying I'm completely new to the world of DSLR's. I have just purchased a Pentax K10D coupled with Pentax SMC A 50mm f2 prime lens as my starting point. This sites reviews and info helped me make my choice so cheers to all of you. I would gratefully appreciate any advice on what are the best lenses to purchase for it. I was advised to steer clear of the Sigma range of lenses as their quality is below par, please correct me if wrong. I'm wanting mid and high range zoom lenses for it. Teriffic site Adam, keep up the great work!
Cheers all
Paul
Welcome and hi from Newcastle.

I am having lots of fun with M42 legacy glass at the moment. Your camera would be well suited to such lenses however you will need the K-Mount to M42 adapter - in this respect I highly recommend the genuine adapter over all third party types.

My latest shot is posted in the photo critique forum - a shot of my son using the Super Takumar 2/35 (what a lens!)

If auto focus is your go then I would thoroughly recommend starting with the FA 43mm limited ........ this lens will NEVER disappoint (but will set you back $500 or so).

05-04-2014, 02:32 AM - 1 Like   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Welcome to the Forum. There are a bunch of active and helpful Aussies here. Look forward to see your photographs and read your posts.
05-04-2014, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #6
Inactive Account

g'day and welcome! Sigma make some great lenses.
05-04-2014, 03:05 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Anson Quote
g'day and welcome! Sigma make some great lenses.
Thanks for letting me know Peter. I have been researching all day and get varying reviews on the Sigma's quality. Can be very confusing to a bloke that has no idea as yet lol.

---------- Post added 05-04-14 at 08:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
Welcome and hi from Newcastle.

I am having lots of fun with M42 legacy glass at the moment. Your camera would be well suited to such lenses however you will need the K-Mount to M42 adapter - in this respect I highly recommend the genuine adapter over all third party types.

My latest shot is posted in the photo critique forum - a shot of my son using the Super Takumar 2/35 (what a lens!)

If auto focus is your go then I would thoroughly recommend starting with the FA 43mm limited ........ this lens will NEVER disappoint (but will set you back $500 or so).
Cheers for the advice Mark, I will check them out mate

05-04-2014, 03:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

G'day Mate and welcome to PF, lots of great people on this site.
Looking forward to seeing some shots from your new Toy.
05-04-2014, 04:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome mate. Nothing wrong with late model Sigma lenses. I've got a few and they're all excellent.

Regards
05-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Paul ... Enjoy the forum and hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J