Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2014, 02:51 AM   #1

Andy Pascua

Hi Everyone!

My name is Andy Pascua from Singapore, I'm currently 48 year old. My passion is a photography and enjoy it as a hobby, I've been taking photos for a few years (Landscape, Portrait, Macro and Nature), My 1st camera use is film followed my SLR entry level canon 400D and now upgraded to full frame Canon 5D MK3 , however I've got my eyes on a Pentax K-50 with 2 lenses and some basic accessories as well. There was some talk that the JPG engine was better in the K-50, I've read just the once that the K-50 has built in support for EyeFi cards. Any other suggestions, feedback and ideas will be much appreciated and considered. Thanks!

05-06-2014, 03:20 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that K-50 once you get your hands on her.
05-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, the research phase is always interesting.

A lot of us here do shoot in RAW or RAW+ so we can develop the jpegs. However, compared with Canon and Nikon Pentax default jpg processing is more natural. The C&N engines tend to increase color saturation and apply a bit more sharpening. When I tried a suggested settings change to increase saturation etc. I really did not like the results. You might want to look at your 5D's jpg settings or just investigate a RAW processing program like Lightroom.

Not that I'd discourage you from entering the Pentax universe...
05-06-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Andy ... hope to see some Pentax images soon ... Salut, J