Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #1

Welcome Speech

Hi everyone
I am Ujwal Adhikary from West Bengal, India.I am in banking sector and love travel and photography.I am planning to buy Pentax k 50 with 18-135mm lens instead of double zoom kit.Every one around me suggest to buy Nikon 5200D.But I stick to Pentax.I think I am not wrong in terms of photo quality.Actually I beleive it is not just camera but man behind it is important.How do you people think it?
Regards

Ujwal
uja88888

05-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by uja88888 Quote
Actually I beleive it is not just camera but man behind it is important
That's absolutely correct. The gear just facilitates getting the job done, but good gear doesn't automatically make you a good photographer

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-10-2014, 01:11 AM   #3
PJ1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forums. There are lots of good cameras out there and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. The thing that really distinguishes the Pentax for me, though, is its in-body shake reduction. Most other manufacturers have the shake reduction in the lens. The advantage of in-body shake reduction is that you can use old manual lenses on your Pentax and still have the benefit of shake reduction. There are a lot of us here who even use the old screw mount lenses with a K-mount adapter and have access to fantastic old lenses on our modern cameras. Those great older lenses do not cost much to buy either - that should appeal to a banker! Post some pics soon.
05-10-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Ujwal ... Hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J

05-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, your spot on, it's what's behind the camera that counts.
05-12-2014, 02:59 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Welcome to the Forums. There are lots of good cameras out there and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. The thing that really distinguishes the Pentax for me, though, is its in-body shake reduction. Most other manufacturers have the shake reduction in the lens. The advantage of in-body shake reduction is that you can use old manual lenses on your Pentax and still have the benefit of shake reduction. There are a lot of us here who even use the old screw mount lenses with a K-mount adapter and have access to fantastic old lenses on our modern cameras. Those great older lenses do not cost much to buy either - that should appeal to a banker! Post some pics soon.
thanks
05-12-2014, 03:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome mate. That's a great introduction, with about three good rambling threads worth of topics covered already.
Probably one of the big advantages of buying Pentax is having access to the relevant information on this website. Enjoy.

Regards
05-12-2014, 03:23 AM   #8

Original Poster
Here is one for all of friends.i am novice in photography.Waiting for your critical note for future improvement

Attached Images

05-12-2014, 05:38 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard. That pair is a good kit, you'll appreciate the weather resistance I'm sure.