Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #1

Hi from Florida

Hi my name is DiMattia I have been into photography since highschool im now in my mid 30's I use to be a professional portrait photographer in my late teens and early 20's but then got out of photography for a long time after my son was born.

The last real artistic photographs I took were of my sons birth.

So now I have been wanting a dslr and I am a die hard Pentax fan I started off on my dads K1000 and have had several Pentax 35mm slrs.

I started making short youtube videos reviewing camping, hiking, backpacking, and hunting gear for my sons boyscout troop mostly and on my pentax digital point and shoot it does not have the best of audo so I bought a K-r w/o doing any research on it at all thinking it is a $500+ camera it should have a external audio jack and it don't.

So now I have it listed on ebay for sale and am looking to replace it with something.

What Pentax DSLR is good (Does not have to be great .. I am just getting back into photography and need to relearn) and has a jack for external audio?

TIA for your help.

05-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DiMattia Quote
What Pentax DSLR is good (Does not have to be great .. I am just getting back into photography and need to relearn) and has a jack for external audio?
The latter requirement really narrows it down when it comes to the current Pentax lineup. You'd have to go for the K-3, or the K-5 IIs if you can live without manual video controls. You could also go for the K-01 (the most economical option) if you're fine with buying used.

If you plan on shooting a lot of video and don't want to spend a fortune, I'd recommend a Canon Rebel, as Canon is ahead of other makes when it comes to DSLR video.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The latter requirement really narrows it down when it comes to the current Pentax lineup. You'd have to go for the K-3, or the K-5 IIs if you can live without manual video controls. You could also go for the K-01 (the most economical option) if you're fine with buying used.

If you plan on shooting a lot of video and don't want to spend a fortune, I'd recommend a Canon Rebel, as Canon is ahead of other makes when it comes to DSLR video.
Arg but I love Pentax lol I did not want to jump on the Canon or Nikon bandwagons.

Maybe I'll just have to spent the big bucks for k-3.
05-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, there are some great camera reviews right here on the forum which may help you decide.

Pentax Digital Cameras and Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Pentax Cameras | Pentax K-3 vs. Pentax K-50 vs. Pentax K-500 - Pentax DSLR Comparison - PentaxForums.com

05-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Kerrowdown Ill check them out.