Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #1

Salutations from Dixie

Hey folks,
Alan here. Just joined the forum. Started shooting 35mm back in 1982 for my high school year book with mom's OM-10. The next Christmas they bought me an ME SUPER Kit. Shot it so much that I striped the winding lever out! Went digital with a Lumix superzoom but have tired of the thousands of files and very few prints. Just bought me another ME SUPER and Winder II as well as a 645 with 55, 75, and 200mm lenses. I enjoyed shooting film so much more. Yes, I know, more expensive, less convenient, etc.
I love the internet and the information it brings to me but I am OLD SCHOOL. The challenge was for me was and is to get the shot right when the shutter opened and shut. I enjoyed sending the film off and the anticipation of opening the envelope to see how things turned out. . Look forward to doing some landscape photos and some big negative portraits of my beautiful daughters. Therapy of sorts after nearly dying after getting ran over on my motorcycle.

05-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bustedup Quote
Therapy of sorts
Welcome to the forum, that's a truly great reason to get back into serious photography again, enjoy it now your here.
05-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. A lot of us are proud to be "old school" here. And it sounds you enjoy the wilder side like many of us as well. Enjoy your therapy.