Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #1

Future owner of a DSLR

Greetings to all.

I really got into photography over a year ago at school and haven't looked back since. Growing up, I had always enjoyed taking photos with point and shoot cameras and polaroids because of how effortless and fun they are to use. "Pick up and play" would describe that approach.

But I always found myself fiddling with the advanced settings on point and shoots too. So having found a new appreciation for wet process photography inside a darkroom at school after first hating the process some ten years back, I bought myself a $20 used film camera from a local traveling camera show.

I found a used COSINA CT-1 EX film slr which came with a Cosinon-S f/2 50mm prime. I have since bought a pentax M 28mm f/3.5 lens and hope to use more primes as I involve myself more with the process of photography.

Sadly I haven't had access to a darkroom and chemicals since that time so I want to inexpensively keep shooting without having to resort to pay someone to develop my film. Last semester I took a digital image editing class and would checkout the digital cameras available to me like a Canon 20D, a Pentax K100D and occasionally borrowed a Canon rebel T1i as well. All fun cameras.

While I would love to be in a darkroom printing, I have come to enjoy both the digital and analogue photo processes. I don't mind sitting in front of a computer to edit digitally now and I jump at the chance to use new equipment or be involved with generally being of help to someone else so that I can observe and learn from their work process.

I hope to find a nice used Pentax dslr to use with my lenses. I'm taking my time until the right one comes along

05-18-2014, 02:34 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, let us know how you get on with your camera quest.
05-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you Kerrowdown. I definitely will. I have relied greatly on the site's camera comparison of older bodies already. It's been tremendously helpful in helping me with my quest
05-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, plantlife ... Enjoy & hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J

05-20-2014, 12:32 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you Jean. And hello from Southern California :] I have some files of some work shot from film scanned, they just need some touching up to do. Running an editing program is too much to ask of a 10 year old middle of the road family computer :/ But I will try to organize and post in the photo thread. - plantlife