Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hello from San Diego, CA

After owning a Pentax K-X for the last 5 years, and now ordering the NEW K-3, I decided I'm serious enough about photography to join this forum. I'm 29 years old, own my own reptile breeding business called Major League Reptiles which I started in 2010 after a 6 year career playing professional baseball for the New York Mets. My business in reptiles actually got me into photography as high quality photos of my animals have so important to my success.

Photography has only grown on me ever since, and I absolutely love capturing nature and especially animals. My wife is a zoo keeper at the San Diego Zoo, and I began a large collection of animal pictures over the last 3-4 years taking pictures with my Pentax K-X and the 300mm Pentax DAL lens I later purchased for it. It has treated me well, but I want to now upgrade to the K-3!

I'll be posting photos, both past and future here on PentaxForums as well as trying to gain a better understanding of photography.

Thanks!
Brant

05-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum!!!!

That was an interesting story - baseball to reptiles.

05-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello Brant, and welcome to the Forums
05-18-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. I was in SD this weekend (Pirates and Corvettes)...

05-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Welcome to the forum. I was in SD this weekend (Pirates and Corvettes)...
Surprised you didn't mention anything about the fires. Maybe that was after you left? Been hell here this past week.
05-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MajorLeaguePentax Quote
Surprised you didn't mention anything about the fires. Maybe that was after you left? Been hell here this past week.
There was no evidence of them in SD or Escondido. Any remnant smoke was being blown inland, I guess.
05-19-2014, 04:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Brant ... Enjoy & hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J

05-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that K3 once you get your hands on her.