Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello from Sonoma County

Greetings from beautiful (and dry) Sonoma County, California.

Thirty years ago I was a B&W medium format film hobbyist, but life, et al, got in the way and that hobby kind of faded away.

Now that I’ve got retirement coming up next year, I decided to get back into hobby photography, and bought myself a K5 IIs and some lenses. Loving digital, although after wading through the 300+ page user manual I feel qualified to fly a 747, but I’m still finding the versatility and complications of digital a little intimidating.

Thanks for a terrific and useful website.

Cheers
Peggy

05-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Peggy and welcome to the Forums.
05-18-2014, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from another Sonoma County Pentaxian.
05-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PeggyR Quote
Greetings from beautiful (and dry) Sonoma County, California.

Thirty years ago I was a B&W medium format film hobbyist, but life, et al, got in the way and that hobby kind of faded away.

Now that I’ve got retirement coming up next year, I decided to get back into hobby photography, and bought myself a K5 IIs and some lenses. Loving digital, although after wading through the 300+ page user manual I feel qualified to fly a 747, but I’m still finding the versatility and complications of digital a little intimidating.

Thanks for a terrific and useful website.

Cheers
Peggy
Welcome!

I no longer live in God's country, but I am a Sonoma County native and find myself over in the area several times per month, mostly in Sebastopol where my sister and in-laws live, but other times in Petaluma where I was born, or Santa Rosa where my brother and some cousins reside.

You live in an area with an almost limitless number of photo opportunities, perhaps lacking only in gritty big city sorts of places to shoot, and of course, no snowy scenes.

Ray

05-19-2014, 04:29 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Peggy ... Enjoy & hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
05-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PeggyR Quote
I feel qualified to fly a 747
Welcome, wow... camera manuals have never done that for me, perhaps I ought to read them in the first place it might help.