Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Sydney Australia

I have been interested in photography for many years. I started with a thing called a Baldessa. Then first SLR was a Practica , then Pentax. (can't remember the model) - Slipped into digital age with K10D. I retired 10 years ago and decided to join a Camera Club and realized I knew nothing. I have progressed since then and recently upgraded to The K3. Simply brilliant. I process through Lightroom and CS5 and reckon I get some good results.
I was a banker and have progressed through the ages from hand ledgers to computers. For those interested I am also a former Australian National League Baseball Umpire.
I look forward to being involved with this forum.
Bob Handel

05-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Bob and welcome
05-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Bob
Welcome to the forum. There are a bunch of active Aussies in the Forum.

Look forward to read your posts and see your photographs.
05-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
owl
Forum Member

Hi Bob, I've been to Sydney once, got a $50 tour from a taxi after I discovered that the poor fellow had waited for an hour at the airport to take me to a hotel within walking distance. I didn't know so I said, "show me the town, stop somewhere around $50". We had a good time and he drove me right to the Opera house front door. $50 doesn't go very far, but I'm glad I spent the money as I had a flight to Adelaide first thing in the morning so that was my only experience of Sydney.

I have a fondness for Australia after my work there and right now am enjoying some Merlot from 'down under.

I'm from Northern New York State, quite a different environment but we share a love for Pentax photography, so there it is.

05-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
It's a very friendly forum Bob. Welcome!!
05-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

G'day Bob, good to have you on board PF. Looking forward to see some images from the great K3.
05-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Good day mate and welcome to the forum
05-19-2014, 03:02 AM   #8
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome Bob. Look forward to seeing some results from the K-3.

05-19-2014, 03:31 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome Bob.

Regards
05-19-2014, 04:21 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Bob ... Enjoy & hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
05-19-2014, 05:07 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Hi Bob and Welcome to PF. Look forward to seeing some of your amazing shots.
05-19-2014, 05:30 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robrob41 Quote
I have been interested in photography for many years. I started with a thing called a Baldessa. Then first SLR was a Practica , then Pentax. (can't remember the model) - Slipped into digital age with K10D. I retired 10 years ago and decided to join a Camera Club and realized I knew nothing. I have progressed since then and recently upgraded to The K3. Simply brilliant. I process through Lightroom and CS5 and reckon I get some good results.
I was a banker and have progressed through the ages from hand ledgers to computers. For those interested I am also a former Australian National League Baseball Umpire.
I look forward to being involved with this forum.
Bob Handel
Welcome Bob have been a member for a very short time and have had lots of valuable input and help hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have
05-19-2014, 05:37 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Welcome Bob from another retiree.......
05-20-2014, 04:11 AM   #14

Original Poster
Thank you all for the welcome - I am working out to contribute photos and hopefully have some up soon.

---------- Post added 20-05-14 at 09:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Bob ... Enjoy & hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
Love your photos - will have some up shortly

---------- Post added 20-05-14 at 09:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by owl Quote
Hi Bob, I've been to Sydney once, got a $50 tour from a taxi after I discovered that the poor fellow had waited for an hour at the airport to take me to a hotel within walking distance. I didn't know so I said, "show me the town, stop somewhere around $50". We had a good time and he drove me right to the Opera house front door. $50 doesn't go very far, but I'm glad I spent the money as I had a flight to Adelaide first thing in the morning so that was my only experience of Sydney.

I have a fondness for Australia after my work there and right now am enjoying some Merlot from 'down under.

I'm from Northern New York State, quite a different environment but we share a love for Pentax photography, so there it is.
Thanks for your remarks. Have travelled to your district, however at that stage had only the MZ50 film camera. Have much video. Loved the New England, especially in the fall.

---------- Post added 20-05-14 at 09:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Good day mate and welcome to the forum
G'day to you too mate. Love Mullum. My Dad was born there!!
05-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robrob41 Quote
G'day to you too mate. Love Mullum. My Dad was born there!!
no worries, maybe we will see you up here some time