Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Been absent on this forum

for a while, I'm sorry to say. I guess it's "one of those things" that streikes a man, every now and then...
But I'm happy to report that things seems to be back on track, by now....
And I'm equally happy to report that my very own Pentax K20D is one the way, from my home country Norway. Seems like the Norwegians still are among the best, as far as consumers rights are concerned...
Anyway, I started out as a "Pentaxian", while I was in the UNIFIL service, in South Lebanon, in 1978. Since then, I've worked my way through varous Pentax cameras and lenses. And when the time was ready for a DSLR, there wasn't really any serious doubt about going for a Pentax, -once again.
I have ordered the K20D with the 18 -250mm lens, and I am curios to see and experience the performance of this lens! In addition, I have ordered the Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 P, -have used the big Metz flashguns before and I think it's difficult to get anything better...
So, within two, three weeks, I should be able to give a first hand report about this camera....
I have to admit, it's a long time since I've been this exited about anything....
Greetings to all the other esteemed "pentaxians" on this forum, from the sunny Philippines!

04-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just as I am excited by the steady flow of lenses that seem to come my way. :-)

Welcome back!
04-30-2008, 05:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard from one of the not-so-esteemed Pentaxists.
05-14-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well, guys and gals; today is the day!
I have my own personal Pentax K20D here, with me, I have a Mezt Mecablitz 48 AF-1 digital,
I have a 18 -250 mmSMC Pentax-DA, and I have a Pentax Battery Grip D-BG2...
Not much more a man can ask for, -at least not with the clothes on...
I'll see what I can find out about this magnificent piece of photographic equipment, and I'll try to come back with a decent and as objektive report, as I am able to, as soon as I can...

05-14-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome back and lets see some pictures
05-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #6

mabuhay.

do they carry pentax in any of the malls in manila?
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ricosuave Quote
mabuhay.

do they carry pentax in any of the malls in manila?
I have no idea, -haven't been to Manila since 1992....
However, judging from the three major malls in Cebu City, there's a few "point and shot" Optios,
but the choice of dslr's seems to be limited to CaNik and the odd Olympus

Anyway, I have to admit, it's a very, very long shot from the Pentax LX I had, to the K10D!
Learning to operate this beauty is definetily a challenge for an old fart like myself!
05-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Camera Obscura Quote
I have no idea, -haven't been to Manila since 1992....
However, judging from the three major malls in Cebu City, there's a few "point and shot" Optios,
but the choice of dslr's seems to be limited to CaNik and the odd Olympus

Anyway, I have to admit, it's a very, very long shot from the Pentax LX I had, to the K10D!
Learning to operate this beauty is definetily a challenge for an old fart like myself!
I'm with you on this one. After shooting Pentax film cameras since 1961, I got my first ever digital camera, the K10D, last November. It's been a steep learning curve, but with the help of the friendly folks here, I am slowly getting there.

05-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I'm with you on this one. After shooting Pentax film cameras since 1961, I got my first ever digital camera, the K10D, last November. It's been a steep learning curve, but with the help of the friendly folks here, I am slowly getting there.
Sort of crossed my mind; I once knew a somewhat "distorted" english DJ..
He claimed that there's no substitute for age and experience!

When I see some of the "stuff" they put on tv and in adds, these days, I have to agree there's some truth in that. "No age, and no experience"....
I don't know much about Photoshop, etc, but I can't really figure out the point of aiming to make a photo look like something it's not?
I haven't been a Pentaxian as long as you, sir, but nevertheless, even I have understood certain things, since I got my first Pentax, as recently as 1978....
And allthough I have looked at Canon A-1, Nikon F-3, etc, -I never had any doubt, when I bought one of the first Pentax LX, that came into Norway!
And it seems like I have done something simular, once again; I have one of the first K20D, in the Metro Cebu area!

Just look at the photos of Sam Haskins, -now, there's a skilled magician with the art of photography! (You did notice my use of the word "art"?)