Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #1

"Hello Pentax world"

Dear Friends,
I am Anoop - my full name is very long and hence abbreviated as ACBC. I am originally from India and am staying and working in California, USA for past few years. From the title of the post some of you might recognize that I work in the IT industry where we have a tradition of writing a program to print "Hello World" whenever you learn a new programming language.

I am new to the Pentax and DSLR world. I've been using a point and shoot for some time and thought of buying a DLSR so that I can take photos and use them in paintings - which is one of the hobbies that I am still learning. I bought a Pentax K 50 last month and it took only a few clicks to realize what fun I've been missing all these years. Now it looks like I will be spending more time taking photos that painting them .

I joined this forum because of these reasons.
- Whenever I search for a gadget or lens to go with the K 50 I end up in a thread in this forum with several reviews, sample images and rating. It has been the primary source of information for me to decide on the purchase of some additional lenses. So thank you for all those reviews and posts.
- I have been the member of some technical forums(IT related) where I have never posted a thread or question because I have seen people ridiculed for posting the wrong question or being ignorant of things they are asking for. But I never saw such a thread in this forum and I found that the conversations are helpful and contructive even when the questioner is asking something silly. So I know this is a place where I can get real help.
- The Win a Pentax K-3 contest going on and I cannot resist to try my luck in the contest. I put the luck in bold letters because that is what I feel when I see the breathtaking photos that are posted by the fellow members here.

Thought of sharing this snap that I took last week. I found him/her in the parking lot last week- so I rushed home to get my camera and took a few snaps. I am confused whether this is an Eagle or Hawk and also whether its a male or female. So is he/she - "Lost and confused" as the title of the photo.

Please let me know your comments.
The photo was not showing up in preview hence I am posting the link too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123968774@N03/14203554046/

05-20-2014, 12:12 AM - 1 Like   #2

Welcome to the forum. There is a whole bunch of friendly members in this site, don't be affraid to post any questions you might have.

Last edited by ma-ledezma; 05-27-2014 at 01:07 AM.
05-20-2014, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, as forums go this is indeed a good one, good luck in the K3 contest.
05-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks ma-ledezma and Kerrowdown.
I am planning to post an entry after this weekend with the hope that I will get some interesting subject.

05-21-2014, 01:11 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Anoop ... please post us some images soon ... Salut, J
05-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you Jean.
linking my Flickr photo stream
https://www.flickr.com/photos/anoopchandranb/

Last edited by Adam; 05-26-2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: fixed image link
05-26-2014, 06:20 PM - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by acbc Quote
Thank you Jean.
linking my Flickr photo stream
https://www.flickr.com/photos/anoopchandranb/

I've fixed your embedding link. The correct code for embedding is:
[img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3830/14274849482_4d9d06bbb1.jpg[/img]

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thank you Adam.
I've been posting it incorrectly till now.

Let me try this one the correct way.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/anoopchandranb/14274842622/in/set-72157644807398296/

[IMG][/IMG]