Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2014, 02:33 AM   #1

Whazzzzuuuuuuup from Austria

Hi everyone!
I must appologize for my weak english. i have not spoke it for quite a time, therefore i`m preatty good in german, ukrainian, or russian, so feel free to practice those languages with me if you want.

Im Student on an architecture faculty in Innsbruck. As a part time job I work as a camera salesmann in Foto Lamprechter. Small company that is specified on high end photography and high quality printing. It is the only company which is really photography specific in whole state.

Since childhood I`ve played with cameras, my dad was a hobby photographer in Ukraine so I learned one or two things about analog photography with a Zenit 12DA.
14 years ago my family moved to Austria, and the camera disseapeard, well I had not hard feelings about it.
6 Years ago, I needed a good camera for my College. So I decidet to buy guess what? NIkon D300! But damn it was allready out of stok...) Next in the line was Pentax K-X.
The choice was preatty easy to do. Neither canon or nikon have good cameras in that price range. Besides I`ve often heard about pentax from good old 35mm film days. As every hobby photographer I shot quazillion of pictures, and have not deleted a single one - postprocessing may be done later.

Next big step was two years ago. I have found the lost Zenit with a M42 Helios 44m-4(YAY!). the first thing I`ve done is ordered a cheap m42 to Pk adapter. And here comes the AHA - the quality, the sharpness everithing was ideal. On that day I deleted 98% af all pictures and began to shoot consciously. Every shot counts, not a single "Bah, I`ll shoot in a row, some of them will be good", and every picture is post processed.
After that i got technical and trying to get maximum out of meanwhile huge low cost equipment. Mixing styles an techniques, trying to find my own way of photography, creating my own gadgets and equipment.

I`m although a bit paranoid about internet. I`m not on Flickr and have any portfolio accounts. Maybe its the respect to photography - one picture, one postprocess, one print. Maybe the feeling of just throwing pictures away, so they just get lost and looses their value. Maybe it is the feeling of uniqueness.
I think it`s a own tema to disscuss...)

so think thats all for now...
and whazzzzuuuuuup...
:0)

Last edited by Vitalii; 05-21-2014 at 01:30 PM.
05-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and thanks for the intro! One of the great things about Pentax is that it is relatively easy to use the good old glass like your Helios. It's easy to get hooked on vintage lenses, though, so watch out!

Concentrating on quality over quantity is an excellent approach. Learning from every shot is a worthy goal. Although I must admit to not being the purist; I'm not shy of shooting a burst of pictures when trying to catch some action, or using exposure bracketing when conditions are difficult and I really don't want to miss the moment.

Most importantly, though: Enjoy!
05-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy all that you find here.
05-21-2014, 12:32 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
It's easy to get hooked on vintage lenses, though, so watch out!

Too late, already hapenned. I have at the moment 20 or 30 vintage lenses(lost count of them) with bodies. Nothing really special - few third party lenses with maximum price of 100$. Recently I`ve bought a Shneider Kreuznach Xenon edixa 50mm f1.9 on an old Edixa Mat class C body. Its not on the forums list so I will write a review about it bit later.
Lucky for my bookshelf, that has really hard times hanging on the wall under such a weight, I will sell most of them tomorrow in vienna.

and Thank you for welcoming... :0)

05-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Vitalii ... please post us some images soon ... Salut, J