Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #1

New to Pentax and first DSLR

Hello all. I wanted to take a second to introduce myself and tell you a bit about me. I am up here in the Pacific Northwest and am on my way out to Oahu for a few years. I am new to Pentax and have had my K30 with 18-55 kit lens for about a year now. One thing I have learned so far is that I have a lot to learn. Either way, I find the technical side of this hobby to be fascinating and am looking to get better at the artistic side of things. I am looking forward to becoming a part of this community and getting some of my pics out there.

BTW, there is a ton of great info here and I really appreciate the overall vibe I get in this forum. Everyone seems very approachable.

Wes

05-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
welcome onboard . Have fun
05-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi Wes welcome I am sure you have plenty to offer us too 😀
05-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wesleyce Quote
Hello all. I wanted to take a second to introduce myself and tell you a bit about me. I am up here in the Pacific Northwest and am on my way out to Oahu for a few years. I am new to Pentax and have had my K30 with 18-55 kit lens for about a year now. One thing I have learned so far is that I have a lot to learn. Either way, I find the technical side of this hobby to be fascinating and am looking to get better at the artistic side of things. I am looking forward to becoming a part of this community and getting some of my pics out there.

BTW, there is a ton of great info here and I really appreciate the overall vibe I get in this forum. Everyone seems very approachable.

Wes
Welcome aboard- I'm happy to hear you've found the site helpful

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-23-2014, 02:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Pick up one new lens - something like an A or M100/2.8 (non-macro) should get you going.

Also take care to store your lenses in a dry box or something similar when you get to Hawaii - you don't want fungus to start growing in them.
05-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks all. I might be able to store extra lenses in a rifle safe with a desiccant. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added 05-23-14 at 03:22 PM ----------

Thanks all. Maybe I could store the lenses in a pelican case with a desiccant. Any thoughts?
05-25-2014, 02:13 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
One thing I have learned so far is that I have a lot to learn
Welcome, I think that's one of the reasons why photography always seems so fresh every time you pick up a camera.

05-25-2014, 02:47 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Wes ... Enjoy & hope to see some K-30 images soon ... Salut, J
05-25-2014, 11:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks all. I might be able to store extra lenses in a rifle safe with a desiccant. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added 05-23-14 at 03:22 PM ----------

Thanks all. Maybe I could store the lenses in a pelican case with a desiccant. Any thoughts?
I'm sorry I can't help you more - I've had to deal with fungus in a lens that came from Hawaii (and CRIS told me it's a common problem there), but I've always lived in a pretty dry climate so my own lens storage hasn't been a big issue.
05-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #10

Original Poster
I have a pelican case I think will work to keep the moisture out. I will have to load it up with desiccant ant store my camera/lenses in there. Hope that works...