Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #1

Cheers from Seattle!

Snooped around the site for a bit, not wanting to rack up yet another username/password/etc to maintain, but the forum and info available is so great, so I finally broke down.

Have been a fringe Pentax guy since I started, shooting a Ricoh XR-10 with a few low buck lenses. Got the full-on Pentax bug as I added a couple of new ones. Collected some decent mid-grade glass over the years, mostly A and M stuff, and now use a K5...slightly better than the XR, I'd say. Spent a lot of time in the photo dept for the first few years in college, and learned a ton about shooting and processing black and white, color and slide film, as well as large format (11x17) contact printed pinhole.

Favorite lens in my bag is the SMC A 16mm, f2.8 fisheye. Absolute gem of a lens. Been shooting a lot of basketball games recently, with my son playing tournaments....the speed, wide angle and color rendering really gets it done.

Glad to be here....officially!

Geoff

05-29-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by archy99 Quote
so I finally broke down
Welcome, it happens to us all at some point, enjoy everything now that your here fully signed up so to speak.
05-29-2014, 05:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and "bonjour" from France, Geoff ... Enjoy & hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J