Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #1

Greetings from Slovakia

Hi there,

I'm fresh Pentax owner and my new toy is Pentax K10D bought from eBay. I switched from Canon because I think Pentax has more to offer for me and I love old manual lenses so that's why.
The body arrived today and I was tortured for some time before first battery was charged and I could turn it on I was pleasantly surprised with all about ergonomy, settings, customisations and etc... But there
are two things I miss (from Canon) - it's the big wheel dial and last remembered position in menu. No big issues at all. So I was satisfied until...

All of this is so sweet to be true and there is something evil hidden in there. Later at home (I was in work when I received it) I discovered there is one black spot on all photos at same place. Ohh just a little dust speck I told to myself while I was taking blower to my hand. So some time elapsed and I tried also wet cleaning and this speck is still there. I thought it's a scratch on LPF but while I was wet-cleaning the sensor I saw it's not on the same level. At least I think so.

It's possible it's dust speck under the LPF. I don't know what to do because that body is nice piece with only two thousand of actuations and I fell in love with it quickly. I also called to repair service and they told me that it will costs nearly as high as price of the dslr.

I don't know what to do now because I love to shoot landscapes and PP each photo with healing tools will be hell. Actually I do minimal PP to my photos. So that's my torture but there is something that I know - I will stay with Pentax branded DSLRs for long time

Last edited by asfethan; 07-03-2014 at 06:56 AM.
05-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and more importantly, Welcome to the Pentax Family.
06-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, some PP software like Lightroom, you can correct on one image and then copy that correction across to all the other images, so it takes no extra time at all.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 07-03-2014 at 12:28 PM.
07-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks. Yes I'm using GIMP to get rid of these specks and it's about 2-3mins to correct one photo

The another thing I discovered is a low quality neck strap which left some black dirt on my neck. This is already solved because I bought Chinon f1.4/50mm and seller sent me it with pentax slr camera as a back cap and there was oldschool strap also attached to the camera. So now I have nice original strap with Pentax logo. I also ordered b&w chessboard like one from China so now I have two nice straps. Both of them look pretty robust and solid.