Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #1

Hello from Charleston

Hi Y'all

I am a professional portrait photographer and work for a large nation wide company. I also in the side am a chef. I take pride i the images that I produce. I currently own K 5 and really would like to move to a medium format camera. I am a student as well... an art major. Hopefully will be obtaining my B.A. in fine arts sometime soon. I practice in multiple mediums from sculpture to painting and drawing. I like most people on Pentax forums love photography and being its job i'd say i think i know what im doing. I grew up learning film and the processing of the old darkroom days and i do miss it but digital is ever so prevalent in our world today. Occasionally I will pull out my film camera and be a local tourist so to speak and walk the streets of my home town of Charleston. People always ask me questions like oh is that the new latest XXX camera by XXXX im like nope... its film. I recently aquired a working polariod land camera and cant wait to hit the streets of Charleston with a pack of instant film. Im sure there will be of people wondering what kinda of contraption im carrying. I got that alot when I photographed the with my large format kodak and my Voiglander. I love film I also love digital but there is just something about film that digital has yet to acquire or is lacking. thats alittle bit about me
thanks

05-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the interesting introduction.
05-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome to the Forums
05-29-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by themachacker Quote
I love film I also love digital but there is just something about film that digital has yet to acquire or is lacking.
Welcome! I agree totally. It's hard to articulate exactly what it is, but we know it when we see it.

The universe is analog. It's in our DNA to resonate with analog things.

Digital is fast. Digital is cheap. Cultural match.

Last edited by OregonJim; 05-29-2014 at 11:26 PM.
06-02-2014, 04:47 AM   #5

Welcome. I understand what you mean about "the old days" of film. Still something about it that can't be duplicated. Good luck.
06-04-2014, 03:45 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, perhaps you could combine the two loves of your life, by becoming a celebrated food photographer and leave the portraits behind.

You would have a unique knowledge from both sides of the lens, which must help with the final imagery.
« Hello | New User »