Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #1

Hello from Cincinnati

Happy to join the Pentax forum. My first Pentax was a Spotmatic purchased in 1971 on the island of Mauritius in the Indian ocean. I still have a Spotmatic. My first K mount camera was my first digital camera, the Ist ds. When I picked it up at Provident camera here in Cincinnati, it just felt like a camera should, and since it was under $1000, I purchased it, and have been digital ever since. I had the K10 and now have a K7. I also have an Olympus OMD EM5, which is my most used camera now, so I'm having trouble deciding whether to get a K3.

05-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome to the Forums
05-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to PF! You've gone through a nice line of cameras. More than a few here have started out with the Spotmatic. As for going for a K-3, that's a tough call. It has evolved quite a lot from the K-7 (the K-5 made a huge leap ahead), so if you liked the K10D and the K-7 you'll definitely like the K-3. But it is, of course, quite bulky compared to your Olympus. Only you can decide what matters the most to you.

I keep saying I don't want a bigger system than what Pentax currently provides, but I never said I wouldn't like a smaller system. It's just that I find most smaller bodies too small to handle comfortably, and I'm not a big fan of EVFs or, worse, no viewfinder at all!

Whatever you decide, enjoy!
06-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! I grew up in Cincy, and am now in the Chicago area.

06-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Huxmiller Quote
so I'm having trouble deciding whether to get a K3
Welcome aboard and if it's any help... just go for it.