Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
05-30-2014, 11:20 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hello from Berlin!

Hi,

I was reading the forums here already for quite a while and decided to join now. Iīm currently using a K5, coming from a Fujifilm HS10 and using only point and shoots (digital and film) previously. I did choose Pentax and the K5 because of the excellent reviews, solid build quality and the chance to use excellent old lenses for little money. I havenīt decided which area of photography I want to specialize, but have widely used the opportunities for landscape and urbex pictures.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome !
05-30-2014, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums! I see that you know how to compose a nice landscape picture Thanks for sharing!
05-30-2014, 03:03 PM - 1 Like   #4

Great photo

Greetings, nice to see one of your photos, interesting composition, good balance of light, the figure adds perspective and more interest. I am intrigued by your thoughtful choices for going to Pentax. I bought my first slightly battered Pentax S1a in 1971, it took up all my college grant for a term! Last year, I decided to go Canon. I sold my personal collection of vintage autographed F1 photos; I nearly moved to NIkon, then at the last moment sold my recently purchased Canon and went back to Pentax! So, like you to take advantage of good build and my existing lenses and a new zoom 60-250. Strange, always wanted a Nikon when I bought the S1a, but could not afford it - then when I had the opportunity, I realised I had become too attached! My birthplace was Seligenstadt, near Augsburg. Your photo has inspired me. I need to develop more imagination.

05-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you very much for the comments.

@Gerald2: I really appreciate the elaborated critique of my picture. My father owned two Ricoh TLS 401. My last experience in film was a Pentacon Six TL which I borrowed from him (no pictures finished yet). It was a much slower and thoughtfull approach to photography for me.

Itīs pretty hard to stick to a brand nowadays when a new toy/tool is coming out nearly weekly and rushing through the blogs and news. Iīm not a big earner, so I got to learn to get the best out of the stuff I already have and improve my skill, but I like seldom and underrated cameras and like to use them just to learn and see what can be done with them.
05-31-2014, 07:05 AM   #6

A great philosophy and approach - more important than equipment, I'd learnt that from looking and reading the forum. Arvo
06-04-2014, 04:13 AM - 1 Like   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by universalfocus Quote
the chance to use excellent old lenses for little money
Welcome to the forum, as you say there is some great older glass to be had out there, enjoy the experience.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 06-04-2014 at 12:47 PM.