Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #1

Hello from Poland :)

Hi everyone

My name is Maciej and i come from Poland
I`ve joined because i want to learn much more about photography and Pentax equipment

Regards

Maciej

05-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get all the help and advice you need from our friendly members.
05-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome and have a good time around ! There is no doubt that your knowledge ( and collection of lenses :P ) will grow exponentially after joining this forum !
Let us see some of your photos soon !
Pozdrowienia

' >' manntax
06-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mackman_r Quote
Hello from Poland
Welcome to you from Scotland.

06-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Originally posted by mackman_r Quote Hello from Poland Welcome to you from Scotland.
He he - funny thing about Scotland and Poland is that they both have long traditions together - Scots were setting in Poland back in 16th-17th century - now the opposite it true.. Times changes I guess. Something interesting to read :

QuoteOriginally posted by Wikipedia:
From as far back as the mid-16th century there were Scots trading and settling in Poland. A "Scotch Pedlar's Pack in Poland" became a proverbial expression. It usually consisted of cloths, woollen goods and linen kerchiefs (head coverings). Itinerants also sold tin utensils and ironware such as scissors and knives. Along with the protection offered by King Stephen in the Royal Grant of 1576 a district in Kraków was assigned to Scots immigrants.
Records from 1592 reveal Scots settlers, giving their employment as trader or merchant, being granted citizenship of Kraków. Payment for being granted citizenship ranged from 12 Polish florins to a musket and gunpowder, or an undertaking to marry within a year and a day of acquiring a holding.
By the 17th century, there were an estimated 30,000 to 40,000 Scots living in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.[31] Many came from Dundee and Aberdeen and could be found in Polish towns on the banks of the Vistula as far south as Kraków. Settlers from Aberdeenshire were mainly Episcopalians or Catholics, but there were also large numbers of Calvinists. As well as Scottish traders, there were also many Scottish soldiers in Poland. In 1656 a number of Scottish Highlanders who were disenchanted with Oliver Cromwell's rule went to Poland in the service of the King of Sweden.
The Scots integrated well and many acquired great wealth. They contributed to many charitable institutions in the host country, but did not forget their homeland; for example, in 1701 when collections were made for the restoration fund of the Marischal College, Aberdeen, the Scottish settlers in Poland gave generously.
Many Royal grants and privileges were granted to Scottish merchants until the 18th century, at which time the settlers began to merge more and more into the native population. "Bonnie Prince Charlie" was half Polish, being the son of James Stuart, the "Old Pretender", and Clementina Sobieska, granddaughter of Jan Sobieski, King of Poland.[43][44][45] In 1691, the City of Warsaw elected the Scottish immigrant Aleksander Czamer (Alexander Chalmers) as its mayor.[46]
Wikipedia :: Scotsman's in Poland

' >' manntax
06-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #6

Dzień dobry!

==
A propos Szkocji.
Pracowałem w Szkocji trzy lata - tam właśnie kupiłem pierwszego Pentaksa!
Niedaleko Edynburga mieszkają mój brat i siostra

W Edynburgu mieszka również jeden forumowicz polskiego forum....
06-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by romeck Quote
Dzień dobry! == A propos Szkocji. Pracowałem w Szkocji trzy lata - tam właśnie kupiłem pierwszego Pentaksa! Niedaleko Edynburga mieszkają mój brat i siostra W Edynburgu mieszka również jeden forumowicz polskiego forum....
Jaki ten świat mały...
' >' manntax