Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2014, 11:23 AM   #1

K1000 problems

First introduction--howdy from NC mountains...

My sister sent me her old K1000 (I used to have one myself, as well as a K2, which I foolishly gave to someone years ago). Two problems: 1)the focussing ring on the original F2 50 mm lens is loose. It will focus, but slip when it gets to the stop. If I hold it tight, it works fine; 2) the film winder advances but doesn't return. As far as I can see the shutter is working properly. I think the spring is ok because if I partially move the advance and let the lever go it will return a little.

I really like this camera and hope to get it working. The lens looks good. Since I can return the winder by hand, I will try some photos in the next few days.

Thanks for any suggestions.

05-31-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome to the Forums.
The K-1000's are so cheap that it would probably be cheaper to replace than to get repaired. That is if there is no sentimental issues. When mine dies I may get it repaired only because It was my first SLR and I got it when my first child was born way back in the middle 70's. I also still use it on occasion. If you decide to get it repaired and need to send it out. I would recommend Eric. he has quite a good reputation here.
06-04-2014, 03:51 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, as patrick9 has already said, repair may not be an economic option, sounds like an ideal upgrade excuse to me.