Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #1

Greetings from a Ricoh/Pentax 645 lens owner

Hi,

I have kind of an on/off relation with Pentax. My first DSLR was a Pentax K100D, loved the handling. I then had the idea I wanted to shoot birds (photos of birds that is, not actually shoot them) and the offerings for big tele lenses for Pentax are pretty limited. So I switched to Canon, a decision I still have mixed feelings about. I lost interest in birds as well

Next to the Canon a small Ricoh GR III wandered into my life. What a joy to use! I have used that little camera for a couple of years and have now upgraded it to a Ricoh GR with the APS-C sensor and no AA filter. In one word: WOW! And I was very glad to see Ricoh and Pentax found each other, that can make a great marriage.

For DSLR work I am still with Canon (70D) and a couple of Canon (15-85, 100-400) and Zeiss (50mm makro-planar, 100m makro-planar) lenses, but I recently had the luck to pick up a Pentax-A 645 120mm F4.0 macro (€150), a Pentax-A 645 35mm f3.5 (€425) and a Kiwi adaptor for Pentax 645 to Canon EOS. I am now considering to ditch my Zeiss 100mm makro-planar in favor of the Pentax. What a great lens! I have not tried the 35mm yet, but the reviews on this forum sound promising.

Next step is a Mirex tilt-shift adapter so I can start to do some odd perspective work with both Pentax lenses on the Canon body. That should prove interesting

06-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the interesting introduction.
06-04-2014, 03:48 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Peerke Quote
Next step is a Mirex tilt-shift adapter so I can start to do some odd perspective work with both Pentax lenses on the Canon body
Welcome aboard, keeps us informed as to how you get on with this.
06-04-2014, 04:18 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, keeps us informed as to how you get on with this.
Delivery time is 6 to 7 weeks, and I ordered the thing less than 2 weeks ago. It's a looooong wait

In the mean time I did a few focus stacks with the 120mm on some beads my wife made: one with some of the ashes of our previous dog and a shiny black one These beads are just less than 2cm long, and I was quite impressed with the smooth focusing of the lens and the color rendition.

06-04-2014, 04:27 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Peerke Quote
a few focus stacks
Roughly how many combined images to make the required dof in this image?
06-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Roughly how many combined images to make the required dof in this image?
Roughly? 10 to 12 I think, as I don't have the originals at hand. The calculated DoF was 2.3mm, but I increased the focusing rail by only 1mm per image, to be on the safe side.
« Intro | Hola! »