Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #1

Greetings from Upstate NY.

Hello All,

I plan on joining the Pentax family quite soon. I have been out of photography for a little bit over a year when I simply had little time to devote to this craft while focusing on my studies. Now that I have graduated and have more free time, I have been prospecting the market to obtain another DSLR. I have chosen to join the Pentax family rather than going back to a Nikon like I previously owned. This decision is based on a necessity for a WR body, as well as, lens. I spend most of my time enjoying the outdoors, sometimes in rather adversive conditions, hence the calling to Pentax. In the Spring, Summer, and Fall, I enjoy Fly fishing the Catskill streams for trout. During late Fall and early Winter I hunt for deer. Winter is a time devoted to hibernation and contemplation. I plan to carry my new camera on these journeys and hope to share my experiences with you all.

Dan

06-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome!

I used to live in the suburbs of Schenectady and played in the Catskills back in the '70s. Also loved the Lake George area. My wife & I are planning a move to the NH area in the next year or so. I, too, dabbled in Nikon for awhile, but came back to Pentax (my first love) rather quickly. The "feel" of Pentax has always been right for me. Enjoy the forums - we look forward to seeing some of your work!
06-02-2014, 03:43 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi There
We visit the Catskills alot as we have relatives in both Kingston and Walton
06-02-2014, 04:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from Central New York. I've spent many a day on the Beaverkill and the East Branch of the Delaware.

06-02-2014, 04:42 AM   #5

Welcome. You are in a beautiful spot for some great landscapes, I love traveling up that way. Best of luck!
06-04-2014, 03:46 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, sounds to me like you've found the right brand for you, choice is now which camera.
06-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks all for the warm welcomes.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, sounds to me like you've found the right brand for you, choice is now which camera.
After a few weeks of research I have decided to pick up a second hand K10D. This body has the weather sealing I will need and images I have viewed show a nice color rendition from the CCD sensor. I am not worried so much about the lack of high ISO capability at this point. The bulk of my photography in the past has been outside and I don't expect this to change in the near future. I have picked up an 18-55WR for my first lens. The next plan will be to pick up a fast prime between the 28-35mm range.
06-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by decker1313 Quote
I have decided to pick up a second hand K10D
Many here have a soft spot for the K10D, I've still got one about the place myself, good call, enjoy.