Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Site Supporter

New here!

Hello every one,

Name is Anthony, and I am about 1 month new into my Pentax K-X camera. Used to take Photography back in high school-- stopped, and over time (now in college) getting back into it for the fun and adventures of it is a new learning road as I forget a lot of what I learned :P Currently taking shots with the kit OEM 18-55mm lens and the OEM 50-200mm lens. (forget what size is the larger lens) Just cruising around on the site I found so far to find everyones knowledge and information to be very helpful.

06-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get all the help and advice you need here from our friendly members.
06-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here, and read a lot than learn a lot
06-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the clubhouse!

06-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hello Anthony, welcome to the Forum!
Glad to have you aboard, hope to see some photos from you, soon.
Since you're starting out, I'll make my standard recommendations for accessories; forgive me if you already have these;
52mm Circular Polarizing Filter (CPL). This size should fit both kit zooms and is very helpful for cutting down sun glare, reflections off metal or water, increasing contrast and popping white clouds from blue skies. Polarizing filters test - Results and summary - Lenstip.com
A Rocket Blower. Keep your sensor spotless! Amazon.com : Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large - Black : Camera Cleaning Kits : Camera & Photo
A Lens Pen. Keep your lenses spotless.
A good camera bag with room to grow. LBA, it's called.
And begin checking out tripods, hot-shoe flashes, legacy lenses and last but not least, Lightroom.
Just some ideas for you!
Ron
06-04-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Discountcraze Quote
Used to take Photography back in high school-- stopped, and over time (now in college)
Welcome, nothing like making an old man feel even older.
06-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Hello Anthony, welcome to the Forum!
Glad to have you aboard, hope to see some photos from you, soon.
Since you're starting out, I'll make my standard recommendations for accessories; forgive me if you already have these;
52mm Circular Polarizing Filter (CPL). This size should fit both kit zooms and is very helpful for cutting down sun glare, reflections off metal or water, increasing contrast and popping white clouds from blue skies. Polarizing filters test - Results and summary - Lenstip.com
A Rocket Blower. Keep your sensor spotless! Amazon.com : Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large - Black : Camera Cleaning Kits : Camera & Photo
A Lens Pen. Keep your lenses spotless.
A good camera bag with room to grow. LBA, it's called.
And begin checking out tripods, hot-shoe flashes, legacy lenses and last but not least, Lightroom.
Just some ideas for you!
Ron
Thanks for the great tips! So far I already have all of these except the accessory flash, which I have been looking into! Thanks for the welcoming from you, and everybody!
06-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #8

If you are in the hunt for a tripod, check out Induro tripods. Well built, tall, and the choice of aluminum of carbon fiber. Best part is that they are very affordable compared to the other better known brands. With my ball head, the duo came out to $250.00. Well worth it if you do any landscapes, interior photography or portrait work.

06-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DarCam Quote
If you are in the hunt for a tripod, check out Induro tripods. Well built, tall, and the choice of aluminum of carbon fiber. Best part is that they are very affordable compared to the other better known brands. With my ball head, the duo came out to $250.00. Well worth it if you do any landscapes, interior photography or portrait work.
Thank you, for the information! My tripod is from my Dads old Minolta camera, so, looking for a new and sleek looking one would definitely be nice. Thanks again!