Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #1

New member from Nebraska

Hello everyone,
I may be new to these forums but not new to Pentax cameras. My love affair with Pentax cameras started in the early to mid 70's while I was in high school. My dad purchased a Spotmatic F. I am sure that I have taken far more photos with that camera than he has.

Once I got my first job after collage my first major purchase was a camera. That purchase was a Pentax Super Program. I still have the super program, I can't imagine ever parting with it.

I finally bought a small pentax to carry in 1998, it is a IQ Zoom 140. It hasn't snapped a picture in quite a few years.

In 2000 I decided that it was time for the Super Program to enter retirement (I mostly wanted auto focus due to eyes that don't focus as quickly or as well as they once did) and bought a PZ-1P. The PZ-1P and I have been many places in many parts of the world together and it has had many hundreds of rolls of film through it.

I fought the switch to digital for a long time. I purchased a Nikon 880 in 2001. A decent camera And in 2003 I finally gave in to modern ways in 2003 and bought a Nikon 5700. I have taken some nice photos with the 5700, but after carrying film SLRs for decades the 5700 just wasn't enough and developed an almost hatred of the camera and it's limitations. The Nikon 5700 died in March of 2007.

In March of 2007 I bought a K10D. It has been great to be back into a SLR. In short the K10D has been a wonderful camera and I like it a lot.

I just added a Pentax A40 to my collection of cameras. I plan on it being the camera that travels with me on business trips or gets carried around in the car with me, just in case a random photo op happens along.

Sorry for the long history lesson.

Dave

05-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by dlr1989 Quote

Sorry for the long history lesson.

Dave
No need to apologise, at least you are back in the Pentax family. Welcome back.