Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #1

Hello

Hi all, just a quick introduction. I'm Ellie from Central Queensland in Australia. I am looking at getting my hands back on a camera - its been quite a long time - about 15 years. My last Pentax was theold faithful Pentax K1000....biggest mistake ever getting rid of that -it was my 16th birthday present a long time ago. I am currently looking at getting a K5, K5IIs or if the dollars are there then a K3...... naturally I will need lenses as I am starting from scratch all over again.......so will want to invest in some high quality lenses too. This forum is going to be a fantastic asset in helping me get back into the swing of things - everything photographic that is lol.

I look forward to interacting with you all more in the near future
Ellie :-)

06-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by catchadream Quote
This forum is going to be a fantastic asset in helping me get back into the swing of things
Welcome to the forum, we're pretty good at helping other folk spend their money around here, welcome to CBA & LBA.
06-06-2014, 02:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
hahahaha thanks..... not sure I have a problem spending money....or so the other half says..... but anyway I am confident with all the experience in here I will be more than tempted to buy up...... maybe you can help me...... K5, or K5IIs or the new K3........ keeping in mind budgets and bang for buck...... Havebeen searching and searching...... too many wonderful things.......
Ellie
06-06-2014, 05:27 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!
If you look in online want ads like Craigslist you'll find K1000s for cheap - just to replace your old body.

The research phase is great, you'll learn the modern lens lineup. I'd suggest a 18-135 as a nice, quick, quiet zoom you can use confidently in all weather. Then you can start figuring out what you'll need to buy to satisfy other requirements.

06-07-2014, 03:17 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
06-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks guys..... Just making decisions this week and then hopefully by end of following week I will have my baby in my hot little hands!!!! Then there will probably be more questions lol......
Thanks ellie