Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2008, 01:50 AM   #1
Inactive Account

James from Darwin

Howdy Guys,

I live up in Darwin, Australia. Bought the K20D because of it's numerous rubber seals, hopefully it can handle the humidity up here in the wet season. I swapped the original lense for the DA 18-250 at the store and will be shortly adding the DA12-24. Hopeully that will keep me happy for the mean time.

Cheers, I like the site.

James

05-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Half my family comes from Darwin. Know anyone going by the name of See-Kee?

Welcome. And good luck with the humidity.
05-03-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gday to you at the Top end from NSW

cheers
05-03-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey James,
I live a little north of you at the tip of Cape York and have had no problem with my DL2 over the last two years. Keep your bags open and the camera out and try not to store in too cold air conditioning as the camera can take ten minutes to warm up and not fog.
At work I store the body on a high shelf - not in bag on the floor- as it is too cold. Some of the little screws holding the body together are showing slight corrosion marks on their heads due to sweat particularly the ones under the right hand and on the bottom. Three in one oil applied occasionally from a rag keeps the moisture at bay as well as to the external spring on the card cover. Some people are disparaging of the polycarbonate bodies but in the tropics I rather like the feature. I have K1000 bodies from work that are corroded on both the top and bottom plates and under the black enameled aluminium? body work.

Look forward to seeing more images of tropical Australia: termite mounds? barramundi? parrots? kakadu gorges?

05-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums James.

I am definitely looking forward to some of your images from your travels.
I have seen some great sunrise/sunset shots up that way.