Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2014, 04:07 AM   #1

Introduction

Hi - I am a Pentax fan having owned most of the Pentax film cameras (still have an ESll). However, I am also a full frame fan and am looking forward to Pentax releasing a full frame DSLR. - Cheers, Robin.

06-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard.
Keep thinking those happy thoughts, maybe we'll see a FF. Meanwhile Pentax is trying to own the higher end ASPC cameras, it's really amazing what they can do.
06-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.
06-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Robin58 Quote
I am also a full frame fan and am looking forward to Pentax releasing a full frame DSLR
Welcome, yourself and quite a few other folk are waiting for that day to come too.

09-24-2018, 07:08 PM   #5

Original Poster
Well - for anyone who read my original post back in 2014 you might recall me saying I would welcome a Pentax full frame camera. The new owners (Ricoh) finally obliged with the K1 in 2016. I hesitated long enough to see the K1 MK II released and on seeing it on a promo offer that I couldn't resist, I bought one - together with the Pentax FA 24-70mm f2.8 lens.

I have just added the Pentax AF540FGZ II flashgun. So far, I am still using my Canon 5D4 (am I allowed to mention that? LOL!) for my official assignments, simply because I am not completely familiar with the K1 2 yet and can't afford to miss any shots from being unfamiliar with a particular feature. OK, so I could just go out and use it in any of the modes I am familiar with (Aperture or shutter priority) but what if I want to make a quick adjustment (ISO, Compensation, AF or shooting mode etc.) and I miss a shot through not finding it as rapidly as I can on my Canon?

So, I am enjoying my current learning curve (away from any pressure) with the Pentax K1 2, but if anyone has any tips or advice that will give any shortcuts to that learning curve please let me have them.

Incidentally, it isn't a Pentax ES II that I said I had in my OP, it's an LX - can't think how that mix up occurred. I am currently toying with the idea of putting a film through it! Oh, and the 4 x 35 year old 35mm film camera Pentax lenses I had with the LX...they all work as full frame lenses on the K1 2 - albeit in manual focus! But that is still amazing! Two of them I shan't be using though, the Pentax SMC 'A' 35-70mm f4 is inferior to my new FA 24-70mm lens - it would be a 70-140mm on a crop Pentax!) and the Pentax f2.8 24mm, although a prime, is stop down metering. The old Pentax SMC 'A' f1.7 50mm will get used and the Pentax SMC 'A' f4 70-210mm will too, until I maybe upgrade it to the Pentax FA f4 150-450mm.

The only other lens I have my eye on is the Pentax FA 15-30mm - unless someone knows of a better FF super wide? I have an even older set of Pentax Bellows/Slide copier unit - bought in 1964 when I had a Pentax SV with M42 screw lenses. I already had a M42K adaptor that enabled me to fit the bellows to my LX (and which will subsequently allow the K1 2 to to fit it as well) but couldn't find an adaptor anywhere to fit a K lens to the screw end of the bellows...so, I made my own.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 09-24-2018 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Sale details removed.
09-24-2018, 08:22 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Robin

Welcome (back) to the forum. Please note our rules require all for sale threads to be in the Marketplace only. I have edited your post accordingly.

Kind regards,
Mark
09-26-2018, 02:14 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
09-26-2018, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Hi Robin

Welcome (back) to the forum. Please note our rules require all for sale threads to be in the Marketplace only. I have edited your post accordingly.

Kind regards,
Mark
OK Mark, thanks.