Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

New member from Sweden

Hi i,m 57 years old and i have since 1980 used Canon and now i have buy a Pentax K5 on auktion in Sweden. Before i buy the Pentax K5 have i bought old lenses like Pentax and others M42 lenses that i use on the Canon.
I wonder if i have buy a good Dslr body and if you recommend K5. That i read on internet so is Pentax K5 very good. I like that is stabilation in the camerabody so the old lenses can bee avable with this funktion.

06-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Yes, the K-5 is a great DSLR, especially in terms of image quality. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles found in the latest DSLRs, but it certainly holds its ground when it comes to the image

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Všlkommen! Yes, the K-5 is a very good camera. I have had mine for three years now, and am really happy with it. Compact and very sturdy, built to last a long time. Makes beautiful pictures.
06-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, yes get the K5 I'm sure you wont look back.

06-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The SR is a very good feature; just be aware that you have to wait for it to be active or "locked on" (much like focus does) before you take a shot. Canon IS generally works instantaneously, but as you said it must be built in to the lens.

Also make sure you manually set the FL correctly on older lenses so SR will work correctly. Occasionally I can go as slow as 1/13s on my K-5 (the actual FL of the lens has little effect on how slow I can go on the shutter speed - 1/13s is a hard limit for me if I want to get a reasonably sharp image about 50% of the time (and I use proper hand holding technique)).
06-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you
I,m waiting to my K5 arrives so i can test it it,s look damn good.
06-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #7

Original Poster
Hi
My Penax K5 arrived today, and it looks some new. I,m very happy over this purch. Now i shall test it over the week.
06-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm very happy with mine, the only thing I'd trade for it now is the K5IIs - or maybe the K3 but I'm not in the market.

It's remarkably durable, and very capable - you'll have a lot of fun.