Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2
Hello from Sydney , Australia

Hi All

I have been using Pentax for some time. I started with a spotmatic F a long time ago and probably dates me a bit. I now have a k10d and k3 with an assortment of lenses. I have been a bit slack and idle for the last few years and the k10D sat in the cupboard for a while. The k3 is new and complements the k10d nicely.

Looking to get the 50-135 f2.8 in a few days and as I have updated the firmware on my k10d it should work on that as well.

Shuttle.

06-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian
hcc's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,533
Welcome to the Forum. There are plenty of active Aussies and the numbers are growing up weekly! Look forward to see your shots and posts.
06-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 813
QuoteOriginally posted by ShuttleAU Quote
Hi All

I have been using Pentax for some time. I started with a spotmatic F a long time ago and probably dates me a bit. I now have a k10d and k3 with an assortment of lenses. I have been a bit slack and idle for the last few years and the k10D sat in the cupboard for a while. The k3 is new and complements the k10d nicely.

Looking to get the 50-135 f2.8 in a few days and as I have updated the firmware on my k10d it should work on that as well.

Shuttle.
Welcome ShuttleAU great to see an other local join , we do have a Sydney user group . been a bit quite this year so far we need to get some outings organized ,I will let you know when some thing is on Cheers Frank
06-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member
JayBee451's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 379
G'day Mate and welcome to the PF family.
Looking forward to see some of your images.

06-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
skunktail's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, NSW
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 287
Hi from another Sydneysider,

it would be great to see you around sometime

Cheers
06-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
Site Supporter
beachgardener's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,055
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
06-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #7
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Des's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sth Gippsland Victoria Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,021
Welcome to the forum. You are off and running: long-time Pentaxian, 2 cameras, an assortment of lenses and a 50-135 on the way. Very impressive.
06-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,862
Welcome aboard, there must more Pentax owners per square mile in Australia, than anywhere else on the planet.

06-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Welcome to the forum. You are off and running: long-time Pentaxian, 2 cameras, an assortment of lenses and a 50-135 on the way. Very impressive.
Hi

Yes , there seems to be more in Australia than you might expect
06-19-2014, 04:59 PM   #10
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Des's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sth Gippsland Victoria Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,021
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, there must more Pentax owners per square mile in Australia, than anywhere else on the planet.
It would be a pretty low density per square mile! But maybe Pentax has a bigger market share in Australia than elsewhere. Perhaps it is because Pentax products stand up better to harsh Australian conditions.
06-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 428
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
It would be a pretty low density per square mile! But maybe Pentax has a bigger market share in Australia than elsewhere. Perhaps it is because Pentax products stand up better to harsh Australian conditions.
That might be it I can tell you once you leave the major cities it is hard to find a pentax dealer though.
06-22-2014, 01:09 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,555
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Shuttle ... hope to see some images soon ... Salut, J
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bit, k10d, k3, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Sydney Australia WaterDragon Welcomes and Introductions 8 11-05-2011 07:10 PM
Hello from Sydney , Australia. pTom Welcomes and Introductions 12 03-22-2011 03:24 PM
Hello from Sydney, Australia jars121 Welcomes and Introductions 2 09-16-2010 05:23 AM
Hello from Sydney, Australia. junyper Welcomes and Introductions 2 11-02-2009 07:34 PM
Hello from Sydney, Australia JamesAus Welcomes and Introductions 2 09-04-2008 03:26 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:27 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top