Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Is there a in camera image counter for the K-50 or KIIs?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post ever so please forgive me if this has been addressed already. I brought the Pentax K-50 and KIIs earlier this year. I am satisfied with both cameras so far but I have one nagging problem. I have no idea how many photos I have shot on a shoot. Is there an in camera image counter that displays on the monitor? If there is how do I get the camera to tell me how many images I shot. When I open the folder with the images in them in Adobe Photoshop or ACDSEE Pro 7 editor the image file number and numeral order shows up.

I can see the image file number in the right hand corner of the monitor display but I would like to know the actual count too. My old Olympus DSLR cameras displayed the image count and the file number on the monitor when scrolling through the gallery. Any information about this matter would be appreciated.

06-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
I used this.

Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader
06-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
I don't like using online shutter count scripts because it means uploading huge RAW files as the count data is stripped as soon as you create a JPG with LR etc.
I much prefer to install PhotoMe
PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor
06-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Just take a random photo with camera set in jpeg and upload it directly to:
Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader
Trusted and safe.

06-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Still much easier and faster to have PhotoMe installed.
06-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
Closed Account

Definitely nice to have options. I just went with a search in my new forum, back when I joined here. Figured that was simple/good enough.
06-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I thought the OP wanted to know how many images he was shooting, not the shutter count. Should be a remaining image counter somewhere on the LCD. It counts down from the starting amount of images of the card used.

06-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #8
Closed Account

Oh I see now...read it wrong. The OP wants to know how many shots taken on a given shoot. Kind of like a trip odometer in a car vs. the overall mileage. Don't know if there's a way to tell that in a setting. I always just do quick estimate math from the total images taken minus the count number displayed with the first image I took that day (when reviewing pictures taken).
06-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I don't have my camera handy nor do I worry about how many I've shot - only how many left :-) But in the review mode, does it not say something like [8/56] - (looking at the 8th of 56 images)?

As far as the shutter count thing, I could not get the jpg to work either online or in PhotoME if I simply converted it in Elements or PDCU - I had to "extract" the jpg in PDCU.
06-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ghunter Quote
. I have no idea how many photos I have shot on a shoot.
One easy way to get around this would be to use separate folders on the SD card for each shoot, rather than using the default (1 folder for each day). Then all you'd need to do is zoom all the way out in playback mode, hover over the folder, and the camera will tell you how many photos it contains.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-24-2014, 01:00 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, I thought it flashed up briefly of top LCD plate just after taking the image.