Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #1

New user Pentax ME-F

Hello everybody,

I'm Rutger from the Netherlands. I'm an amateur photographer, exclusively using film cameras for several reasons: It's so basic, I like basic machinery. Moreover, I like the look and feel of analog pictures. Photographing using an analog camera is a wholly different experience from photograping with a digital camera, it makes you much more aware, you don't shoot pictures like using buckshot, but you are way more careful in choosing your subject as well as your point of view. Next to that, it's way cheaper and much more fun in my books. I don't develop my own pictures though, but that makes for a nice surprice every now and then!

I have been making pictures with my Russian Zenit 12xp and today I acquired a Pentax ME-F, which broke down this evening after I tried to fix some minor things about it.

Hope I can get some help on this forum, since it seems to be a very helpful one!

Best,

Rutger.

06-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum, Rutger!

I am doing both digital and analog photography. I absolutely agree with your experiences on taking analog pictures. I am always kind of exited when taking pictures with a digital camera. In contrast, being out with my analog camera is calming, relaxing and helps to focus my mind.

Best,
Dieterson.
06-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, there's a place in photography for all mediums, enjoy whatever "floats your boat".
06-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks all!