Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
Forum Member

Marhaba from UAE!!

Hello everyone!

Ramadan Kareem

I am an expat working in the UAE (Filipino guy - Pentax Assembling Country and support baby yeah!)
Just made my very first purchase yesterday on Adorama with that PENTAXJUNE Coupon for that bang of the buck camera K-50 and would you believe I got it all for $649?!

Pentax K-50 Digial SLR Camera with DA L 18-55 WR & 50-200 WR Lenses, Black, - Bundle With Pentax AF-200FG Dedicated Shoe Mount Flash, 16GB Class 10 SDHC Card, Photo Bag, Tiffen DFX Essentials Digital Filter Software

Noob here and decided to jump ship to Pentax from Canikon, almost caught up with their hype and all but decided to stick it to Pentax. Understood a little bit of ISO, White balance, Shutter Speed, Aperture but still have not applied it on real world setting, only using a note 3 for photography and video at the time being.

please be gentle with me and I hope to learn more in this forums while copping some pretty much good deals from Pentax and Adorama.

Now, I wonder how can I possibly have a battery grip for the K-50, I did a little research and yes there is none for this model. Any news if ricoh will make this product in the near future? Any survey for this?

Regards,

Jes

06-29-2014, 01:50 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that you find here.
06-29-2014, 02:17 AM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jcagara08 Quote
I wonder how can I possibly have a battery grip for the K-50, I did a little research and yes there is none for this model. Any news if ricoh will make this product in the near future? Any survey for this?
Welcome to the Forum. No there is no Pentax grip for the K-50.

Look forward to read your posts and see your shots.
06-29-2014, 02:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! This is the perfect place for picking up advice

The K-50 is a great camera, but it doesn't have the necessary contacts needed for a grip. Only the K-3/K-5 line supports grips.

06-29-2014, 03:28 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Great!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that you find here.
whoah Thanks man!

---------- Post added 06-29-14 at 02:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Welcome to the Forum. No there is no Pentax grip for the K-50.

Look forward to read your posts and see your shots.
yep, its my penetration now to photography, 2 years overdue entry by the way

Hopefully RICOH will listen to us k-50 users

---------- Post added 06-29-14 at 02:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Welcome aboard! This is the perfect place for picking up advice

The K-50 is a great camera, but it doesn't have the necessary contacts needed for a grip. Only the K-3/K-5 line supports grips.
Yes I agree, I was reading thoroughly this one thread about a K-30 DIY grip and I figured it is not worth all the hassle IMHO

I think its wiser to purchase the AA battery adapter or carry spare ones.

Otherwise, can we possibly write to RICOH directly for a request to have official battery grips for the entry to mid range PENTAX DSLRs?
06-30-2014, 03:26 AM   #6
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Funny that you got your camera from the US. You can get some Pentax gear at Wafi Mall for an OK price in Dubai.
06-30-2014, 03:44 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
Funny that you got your camera from the US. You can get some Pentax gear at Wafi Mall for an OK price in Dubai.
Man @ AED 2800 I am telling you I will only get a pentax k 50 body and 18-55 mm kit lens. I was very fortunate to have it the same price(Pentax June Sale @ adorama.com ) hotshoe flash, bag, sd card, 55-200, software plus cheap shipping with aramex shop and ship, cant beat that! I can just smile at the Salam store guy I visited last week here in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited by jcagara08; 10-29-2014 at 01:30 AM.